XDS Tools / .NET

Moore, Steve

Jul 11, 2007, 3:31:01 PM7/11/07
to ihe...@rsna.org

I have a request from someone asking about XDS tools in the .NET environment. If any of you have references to those tools and send them to me, I will pass them along and publish on the IHE Wiki. I would pass along both commercial and non-commercial references. I would have to consult with the sponsors about publishing the commercial references on the Wiki.

Regards,

Steve Moore

The materials in this message are private and may contain Protected Healthcare Information. If you are not the intended recipient, be advised that any unauthorized use, disclosure, copying or the taking of any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please immediately notify the sender via telephone or return mail.

Eishay Smith

Jul 11, 2007, 4:25:49 PM7/11/07
to Moore, Steve, ihe...@rsna.org
Eclipse open Healthcare Framework (OHF) is an open source project (License:
http://www.eclipse.org/legal/cpl-v10.html) supported by four vendors,
accepting more contributors.

OHF implements XDS, PIX/PDQ, and ATNA client side actors
(http://www.eclipse.org/ohf/).
OHF exposes its functionality using Web Services using the OHF Bridge
(http://www.eclipse.org/ohf/components/bridge/index.php).

Last year OHF supported few .NET and LAMP based EMRs/PHRs through this
interface with a total of 15 ISVs using the OHF tools in the 2007
Connectathon (free, absolutely no charge).

regards,
Eishay

"Moore, Steve"
<moo...@mir.wustl
.edu> To
"'ihe...@rsna.org'"
07/11/07 12:31 PM <ihe...@rsna.org>
cc

Please respond to Subject
"Moore, Steve" XDS Tools / .NET
<moo...@mir.wustl
.edu>

I have a request from someone asking about XDS tools in the .NET
environment. If any of you have references to those tools and send them to
me, I will pass them along and publish on the IHE Wiki. I would pass along
both commercial and non-commercial references. I would have to consult with
the sponsors about publishing the commercial references on the Wiki.

Regards,

Steve Moore

david...@spacelabs.com

Jul 12, 2007, 4:19:42 AM7/12/07
to Eishay Smith, ihe...@rsna.org, Moore, Steve

Eishay,

Would you be able to post a more specific link as I don't see anything related to the .NET environment on the pages referenced in your mail?

I'd be particularly interested in any tools within the .NET environment that implementers used to satisfy the security requirements of secure node actors.  Finding an implementation of a suitable cryptographic suite (on a pre-Vista OS) seemed a near impossible task.

Cheers,

Dave Boyle

Eishay Smith <eis...@us.ibm.com>

07/11/2007 09:25 PM

Please respond to
Eishay Smith <eis...@us.ibm.com>

"Moore, Steve" <moo...@mir.wustl.edu>
cc
"'ihe...@rsna.org'" <ihe...@rsna.org>
Subject
Re: XDS Tools / .NET

Eishay Smith

Jul 12, 2007, 1:36:54 PM7/12/07
to david...@spacelabs.com, ihe...@rsna.org, Moore, Steve
Hi David,

OHF exports its functionality via simple web services hiding the complexity
of the IHE protocols. These tools are not .NET specific so the
documentation is platform nutral:
http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/Ohf_bridge
http://wiki.eclipse.org/OHF_Bridge_Documentation
Few of our users in the Connectathons how used OHF are .NET shops. In the
pre Connectathon integration phase they succeeded to make a simple XDS and
PIX transaction in less then an hour using the very good .NET tools.

There is a thread going on about this issue in the OHF newsgroup:.
http://www.eclipse.org/newsportal/article.php?id=476&group=eclipse.technology.ohf#476

Eishay

david.boyle@space
labs.com