IHE North America Connectathon 2007 Logistics Information -- FINAL with map

Christopher Carr

Jan 14, 2007, 12:01:51 PM1/14/07
to IHE 2007
Connectathon Participants,

With my "final" message I neglected to send the attached spreadsheet of
table assignments and floor plan diagram. This information is also in
Kudu and will be available in printed form on site.

Best,
Chris Carr

############
Connectathon Participants,

A few final details before next week's Connectathon:

Ground Transportation
Airport Express offers affordable transportation from O'Hare and Midway
to the Hyatt Regency Chicago. Please visit
http://www.airportexpress.com/# to make a reservation or call
888.284.3826 for more details.

Connectathon Location
The testing is being held in Riverside Center, on the lower level of the
East Tower of the Hyatt Regency Chicago (151 East Wacker Drive,
Chicago, IL 60601). There is a registration table near the entrance of
Riverside Center where you can pick up your registration badges.

Other hotel information can be found at
http://chicagoregency.hyatt.com/hyatt/hotels/index.jsp

Electrical
If for any reason you have not yet ordered electrical service,
electricians will be available to take your order and provide you with
service (at the "regular," not the "discounted" rate) from 8am to noon
Saturday and Sunday, as well as Monday morning.

Travel safely. We look forward to seeing you all Monday morning (or
sooner).

Best,
Chris Carr

################
Nov. 17
Connectathon Participants,

Attached are:

1) An updated logistics document. Note that we have toned down the
strong suggestion that you arrive on Friday for set up. In fact if you
have ordered your electrical in advance you will not incur weekend labor
charges for set up on Saturday or Sunday. There is no weekend overtime
charge for freight handling. Companies with simple setups can arrive
Monday morning.

2) A floor layout and rough table map. The spreadsheet gives the
location for each system, which you can use in addressing freight and
ordering services.

3) A new package guidelines document and credit card authorization form.

4) The same shipping label, electrical services and phone services forms
I sent out a while back. Again, note that the deadline for ordering
services is Dec. 20.

Best,
Chris Carr
#########

Nov. 1
Dear Connectathon Participants,

The attached zip folder contains logistical information regarding this
year's North American Connectathon. The contents are 1) A one-page
logistics overview from RSNA (MS-Word) and 2) a series of five pdfs from
the Hyatt and Freeman companies that constitute our services kit.

Please read the overview document carefully. Note that you are
responsible for making arrangements with Freeman for electrical services
(and phone, if needed) and that the deadline for ordering services is
Dec. 20.

Also note (though it is not explicitly stated in the service kit) that
you will be responsible for handling charges for receiving your freight
and delivering it to the testing area. Be aware that labor rates for
handling will be higher on the weekend. We thus advise that you send
freight to arrive by Friday, Jan. 12 and that someone from your group
arrive for early setup on that day.

The sponsors apologize that we are not able to absorb the cost of
providing these services as we did at past events. We have absorbed
some of the other costs associated with providing you a more comfortable
venue.

Finally, we would like to strongly urge you to book and stay at the
Hyatt. (The link to registration is
https://resweb.passkey.com/Resweb.do?mode=welcome_ei_new&eventID=31204
<https://resweb.passkey.com/Resweb.do?mode=welcome_ei_new&eventID=31204>.)
We have negotiated a great rate for this hotel ($129/night) and, aside
from the convenience factor, taking advantage of this rate will help us
avoid potential attrition fees.

I have also posted these documents on a Google Groups site that will be
used to archive messages on this distribution list. The group's url is:
http://groups.google.com/group/ihe-north-america-connectathon-2007/

Best,
Chris Carr

--
Christopher Carr
Director of Informatics/RSNA

IHE_CONNECTATHON_TABLE_ASSIGNMENTS_2006-01-14.xls
T-IHE-07 HRC WEST 12-20-06.pdf