NIST FHIR Toolkit Test_Patients are not used in DocumentRecipient tests

Jindrich Stejskal

May 11, 2020, 8:31:09 AM5/11/20
to IHE MHD Implementors
Hi,
In NIST FHIR Toolkit I successfully load Test_Patients in "default" channel and I believe correctly return their ids in response, but DocumentRecipient tests keep using
"subject": { "reference": "http://localhost:9770/fhir/fhir/Patient/1" } in "sut" channel. Is there a way to use real patient ids in DocumentRecipient tests or can you point
me to some missing configuration or something?

thank you very much
Jindrich Stejskal

Bill Majurski

May 11, 2020, 9:21:39 AM5/11/20
to Jindrich Stejskal, IHE MHD Implementors
Jindrich

The FHIR spec indicates that DocumentReference.subject is a reference to a Patient resource, not a Patient ID.  The embedded HAPI server is loaded with these Patient resources via the "default" channel as you mention as part of loading test patients.  The HAPI server (default channel) is by default configured for port 9770. The submissions contain a reference to one of them. The URL you quote is very likely correct.

regards
bill

Jindrich Stejskal

May 11, 2020, 9:33:02 AM5/11/20
to Bill Majurski, IHE MHD Implementors
Thank you for your answer,
I understand that this is a patient resource.
I reconfigured the toolkit to send and create patients in my system, not in embedded HAPI server.
What is the correct procedure to test my own sut system with existing patient resources in my system?
Is this "1" id hardcoded in toolkit and I have to create patient resource with this id in my system, or is there any other way?

Thank you very much
Jindrich Stejskal

Bill Majurski

May 11, 2020, 10:30:42 AM5/11/20
to Jindrich Stejskal, IHE MHD Implementors
You need to reload the Patient cache with content from your server.  The test engine looks there to resolve Patient references when running conformance tests.

To make that work you need to accomplish two things: load the Patient resources into your system and update the Patient cache in toolkit to reference your system.  So:

1. Select Test Collection Test_Patients.  This will automatically select the default channel.
2. Select your channel (sut?).

Now you have test patients selected as well as your channel/server.

3. RunAll - this will send the Patient resources to your server and reload the Patient cache with content from your server.

When you run other test collections, the test engine will pick up the Patient resource reference from the cache.

bill

Jindrich Stejskal

May 11, 2020, 10:41:37 AM5/11/20
to Bill Majurski, IHE MHD Implementors
Hi,
thank you, this is exactly what I was trying to do, but when I click on Test_Patients on right side the default channel is selected and when
I click on another channel the Main page with patient tests disappear, so there is no way in UI to select "Test_Patients" together with different channel

Thank you very much
Jindrich Stejskal

Bill Majurski

May 11, 2020, 11:52:32 AM5/11/20
to Jindrich Stejskal, IHE MHD Implementors
I forgot that was a problem on the 1.x.x releases.  I have a 2.0.0 alpha release available that allows the Test Collections and Channels to be controlled independently.  If all you are testing is DocumentRecipient then the things that we broke in this alpha release will not bother you - like Client testing.

bill