Document Sharing tools for Pre-Connectathon

Bill Majurski

Nov 13, 2019, 10:52:34 AM11/13/19
to ihe-xds-im...@googlegroups.com, ihe-mhd-implem.

Document Sharing Tools Release

XDS Toolkit

The most recent version of XDS Toolkit should be used (7.2.8) which is downloadable from

https://github.com/usnistgov/iheos-toolkit2/releases/tag/v7.2.8

This should not be used for MHD Testing. The new FHIR Toolkit should be used.

New FHIR Toolkit

This is a new tool we will release around the start of December. It will be used for Pre-Connectathon testing of MHD Rev 3.1 based on FHIR R4. It will also be used at Connectathon starting January in Cleveland.

FHIR Toolkit uses XDS Toolkit (v7.2.8 or later), HAPI FHIR Server (R4), and a new FHIR test engine for MHD testing. When the release becomes available we will offer the test engine and a collection of other components integrated in a full Tomcat download. We will have separate XDS Toolkit and HAPI FHIR Server downloads available. If you already have copies of these components installed they can be used. Installation will require Java 8. We are testing this new tool on Windows 10, MAC/OS, and Linux with the Chrome and Firefox browsers.

Regards

Bill

--

Bill Majurski
NIST

John Moehrke

Sep 30, 2020, 9:37:12 AM9/30/20
to IHE XDS Implementors, IHE MHD Implementors, IHE ITI Planning Committee
I would recommend all of Rene's tutorials. This one on XDS and MHD.

On Wed, Sep 30, 2020 at 8:19 AM Rene Spronk <goo...@migas.nl> wrote:
Way back when, when presenting in-person training courses was the usual
way of delivering training courses, we organized an IHE XDS training
course in London, and two of the attendees where from ... Chicago. They
flew in, just for the IHE XDS training course. "We could find no
comparable offerings in North America". Nowadays all training courses
are online, which allows us to offer these courses to most of the world:

October 28-30, US-Timezone-friendly version, see
https://phit.nl/en/training-course-healthcare-information-exchange-xds-hands-and-overview-usa

November 16-18, European-timezone-friendly version, see
https://phit.nl/en/training-course-healthcare-information-exchange-xds-hands-and-overview-emea-area

This three-day online training course focusses on Healthcare Information
Exchange (HIE) using standards. Most of these international standards
are based on IHE (Integrating the Healthcare Enterprise). As an
standards development organisation IHE develops profiles for sharing
electronic medical documents and images. During this training course
we’ll discuss XDS(i) and related profiles for successful use within
Healthcare Information Exchanges. These cover topics such as: patient
consent, authentication and new profile developments using HL7 FHIR.
Hands-on experience is gained using simulation tools for submitting
documents and images and retrieving them. Furthermore, examples and best
practices from different projects will be shared. Approximately 1 hour
per day is reserved for homework assignments, discussed at the start of
the next day.

Cheers,

-Rene