Review of proposal for Cross Enterprise Screening Mammography Workflow

David Clunie

Sep 24, 2011, 8:42:14 AM9/24/11
to ihe-mam...@googlegroups.com, Arianna Cocchiglia
Hi IHE Mammo folks

The planning committee received a proposal for a profile related
to Cross Enterprise Screening Mammography Workflow, which suggested
addressing the use case with a new proposed ITI mechanism called "XDW".

The suggestion by the planning committee was that this be considered
as a white paper rather than a profile for the next cycle, especially
since XDW is so new.

The technical committee needs to review all the proposals for the
amount of work (and interest) and report back to the planning
committee by Nov 2, so if you would be so kind as to take a look,
consolidate your opinions and report back please.

If you have any specific questions for the proponents of this work,
I am sure Arianna (cc'd on this email) and her colleagues will
be able to answer them.

See:

ftp://iheyr2:int...@ftp.ihe.net/Radiology/iherad-2012/Plan_Cmte/WordProposals/IHE_2011-12_Profile_Proposal_Brief_XSM.docx

The public comment version of XDW from ITI on which this is based
is at:

http://www.ihe.net/Technical_Framework/public_comment.cfm#IT
http://www.ihe.net/Technical_Framework/upload/IHE_ITI_Suppl_XDW_Rev2-0_PC_2011-07-29.pdf

I am not sure when/if this will be processed by ITI for trial
implementation, and this is the second round of public comment
apparently, but that is probably not germane to your analysis
of the validity of the use-case and the feasibility of the
technical solution.

It may or may not help you to look at the OASIS WS-HumanTask specs
as well; a starting point is:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BPEL4People

David

lynn

Sep 24, 2011, 10:56:03 AM9/24/11
to dcl...@dclunie.com, ihe-mam...@googlegroups.com, Arianna Cocchiglia
David and all

The ITI Technical Committee has done quite a bit of work on the XDW
profile since it was first published for Public Comment. In fact,
this past week the committee approved an updated version of the
profile for Trial Implementation.

The updated document is now being sent by the editors to the sponsors
so that it can be published on ihe.net. I expect that to happen
within the next week or two. While I'm sure Arianna or Luca (XDW's
editors) could provide you with an interim version of the document, I
recommend waiting for the new published version. I'm happy to send a
note to this group when that happens.

Lynn Felhofer