Harmonizing Dataflow and Workflow Across the Clinical Domain Event, Friday, May 4th 8a-4p EST

pd...@acc.org

Apr 26, 2018, 9:12:55 PM4/26/18
to IHE Cardiology Planning Committee
Harmonizing Dataflow and Workflow Across the Clinical Domain, A Live and Virtual Meeting for Those Interested in Interoperability from a Multi-Stakeholder Perpsective

Sponsored by the American College of Cardiology Heart House, Washington D.C.

The Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health (HITECH) of 2009 was established with the goal of promoting the
meaningful use of health information technology (HIT). Nearly a decade later we continue to struggle to make that vision a reality. HIT is identified
as a leading cause of physician burn-out. The clinicians and health care organizations struggle with interoperability and usability. The issues are too
large for any one organization to solve. The American College of Cardiology has targeted reducing physician burnout due to HIT a priority. The goal of the HIT Summit to bring together a broad coalition of stakeholders to understand then create “real-world” solutions to achieve true meaningful use. We are bringing together recognized leaders and experts from six stakeholder groups: Clinicians, health system leaders, electronic health information vendors, specialty medical societies associated with cardiovascular disease, HIT standards organizations, and government HIT policy leaders to address the issues.

This conference will not be the usual talking-heads meeting, nor a meeting where participants sit around the table in discussion. To achieve a
“meaningful” outcome we are taking a unique approach to this conference. Every participant has completed a brief survey before the meeting. We will then apply qualitative analysis tools to identify themes, areas of agreement, areas that need further discussion. The live meeting will utilize a secure, anonymous consensus building application (ThinkTank) to facilitate dialogs and generate potential future work products.

At the conclusion of the HIT Summit our goals are for each member to have a better understanding of the issues related to harmonizing workflow and dataflow, and an understanding of what role each stakeholder can play to help achieve true meaningful use. Questions and responses regarding attendance can be directed to Paul Dow at pd...@acc.org.

The WebEx information and agenda are attached for your review.

Best regards,
John Windle, MD FACC                                       Jeff Westcott, MD FACC
Past Chair, ACC Informatics Task Force              Chair, ACC Informatics Task Force
Data Harmonization Meeting Agenda 2018_05_04 FINAL.pdf
Harmonizing Data Meeting 2018_May_04.ics