FW: N663 NWIP Clinical Document Registry Federation (Responses due by January 21, 2009)

Jose Mussi

Dec 5, 2008, 8:41:33 PM12/5/08
to ihe-xds-imp...@googlegroups.com, ihe-canada-a...@googlegroups.com

IHE-Canada colleagues:

Canada is obliged to comment on the New Work Item Proposal (NWIP) recently put forward by Korea under the ISO’s TC215, technical committee responsible for health informatics standards globally.  As domestic liaison to TC215’s Working Group 2, I am coordinating Canada’s comments and eventual position on this item.

This NWIP is specifically around “Clinical Document Registry Federation”, and relates very directly to XDS constructs as promoted by IHE.  Charles Parisot has spent considerable effort, within WG2, attempting to harmonize Korea’s proposal with XDS, although many question the degree to which this has been successful.  Now it is Canada’s turn to make it’s views known on this subject, and I turn to the IHE community to lead the charge..

I would draw your attention to the notice below, and the call for comments.  As noted, comments are due by January 21st, 2009.  Comments can be made directly to the Forum, or coordinated through me (mic...@mhnusbaum.com).  For domestic review/comment purposes, access to the documents is public, enabled through access to the Infoway forum (registration is open to anyone, and can be done immediately).

I would suggest that this issue needs some broad consideration in Canada.  Jose, I would suggest that you might wish to circulate this to the full IHE-Canada list, plus the XDS implementers’ group list.  Alvaro, may I ask that you also get feedback from individuals at Infoway who are conversant with how XDS fits into our domestic strategy.  I know that Ron Parker is particularly interested in this, so I have copied him directly.  Please feel free to circulate this note amongst any of your colleagues, noting of course, the looming deadline.

Thanks, in advance, for your interest and input!!

Mike.

Michael Nusbaum

M.H. Nusbaum & Associates Ltd.

81 Howe St., Victoria BC Canada V8V 4K2