[IHE Canada] Call for Participation - XDS Client Identity Management White Paper

1 view

Mussi, Jose

May 4, 2010, 3:37:39 PM5/4/10
to ihe-canada-a...@googlegroups.com, ihe-cana...@googlegroups.com, ihe-xds-imp...@googlegroups.com

To IHE Canada Members and other interested parties:

In support of the continuing evolution of XDS specifications, the ITI domain of IHE International is looking at client (patient) identity management issues as they relate to XDS. IHE Canada has been collaborating with the early efforts of this track of work, supported by documentation prepared by the pHIE Netcare initiative in Alberta dealing with link/unlink events. After submitting our analysis of the use cases with initial recommendations, the ITI Technical Committee approved last week the creation of a broader whitepaper that will address a full range of client identity management issues and has requested that IHE Canada take an editorial lead in the development of this document. We will be looking for technical collaborators from around the world, but in particular those in Canada that have been working closely with the various XDS-I initiatives and/or identity management solutions using client registries.

Anyone interested in collaborating in this work is welcomed and should contact either:

Jose Mussi (JRS Partners) – jmu...@jrspartners.com

Jody Lynch (IBM Canada) – jly...@ca.ibm.com

This work will commence immediately; in fact, our first tele-conference is already scheduled for this Friday, May 7th. Further details can be obtained from the IHE ITI Technical Committee google group, http://groups.google.com/group/ititech. If you are not a member, you can just request to join the group. It is easy and will allow you to receive updates on all the activities of the committee, including of course, the work on this whitepaper.

It is our intent to have this document completed in time for the July meeting of the ITI Technical Committee. The ITI Technical Committee will use this whitepaper in support of either a Change Proposal (CP), or if more substantial changes are required, a new XDS Identity Management Addendum, as one of the 2010/11 priority work items.

Thank you in advance to all of those who will be helping us.

Jose Mussi

IHE Canada

IHE Canada

José Mussi