IGV a list of loci that overlap with genome's elements

osk.j.l...@gmail.com

Jun 7, 2020, 6:21:46 AM6/7/20
to igv-help
Hello.

I'm using IGV_2.8.2 on macOS Mojave 10.14.6.

I have a bacterial genome, its operons and thousands of loci from the genome that I am interested in. Some of these loci overlap with elements in the genome and I am to record them, and the operons, and the genes they overlap with.

For example, loci#X is in chromosome1:1500-2000 and it overlaps with operon#Y in chromosome1:1700-1800 and gene LACTA_01 in chromosome1:1600-1700

Some loci don't overlap with anything*

Since I have many thousands of loci, it would took a long time to book them by manually searching. Is there a function that would let me see a list of my loci and all the elements they overlap with, and that I could straight away copy them?

James Robinson

Jun 7, 2020, 11:05:15 AM6/7/20
to igv-help
Hi,  no there is not.  IGV is not an appropriate tool for that, I suggest you look at "bedtools".

--

---