cannot launch IGV

Laura

Jan 22, 2016, 11:34:00 AM1/22/16
to igv-help
Hi,
I am having issues loading IGV 2.3.  I will attach the errors I am generating.  When I try to clean my cache - I generate another error: "Error Caching is disabled.  You cannot access the cache."

thanks,
Laura
Exception error.jpg
Lauch file error.jpg

Jim Robinson

Jan 22, 2016, 3:01:44 PM1/22/16
to igv-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

There's nothing we can do about this using Java Web Start,  its a caching problem on your local machine.  You can get around this by using the "binary" zip distribution instead of the web launch buttons.  Also, I am working on a self-contained Windows install package that will avoid this problem,  I will update this thread when it is ready.

Jim

--

---

Laura Courteau

Jan 22, 2016, 4:39:19 PM1/22/16
to igv-...@googlegroups.com
Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone
You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "igv-help" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/igv-help/56A28AA4.60202%40broadinstitute.org.

Jim Robinson

Jan 24, 2016, 2:11:12 PM1/24/16
to igv-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Could you try the following and let us know if it solves your problem?

(1) download and execute the self-extracting installation archive at http://data.broadinstitute.org/igv/projects/downloads/IGV_2.3.68_jre.exe
(2) it will prompt you for a location to extract the folder, choose anywhere you like (e.g. your home folder).
(3) on completion,  open the new folder called "IGV_2.3.68_jre"
(4) double-click the file "igv.bat",  it might appear as just  "igv" depending on your settings

Thanks

Jim

Laura Courteau

Jan 25, 2016, 9:33:21 AM1/25/16