IGV can't read bam.pbi index file

Alex Tikhonov

Sep 1, 2022, 4:35:04 PM9/1/22
to igv-help
IGV is asking for index file together with BAM file, but it can read only .bai file and not .pbi. How to convert .pbi to .bai>

igv-help

Sep 2, 2022, 2:19:08 AM9/2/22
to igv-help
Sorry I don't know what ".pbi" is.  You can index a BAM file with several tools, including Samtools.

Aron Geurts

Jan 29, 2024, 10:55:58 AMJan 29
to igv-help
pbi is a pacBio index file from long read sequencing, paired with a BAM file. is IGV capable of loading this type of index file?

James Robinson

Jan 29, 2024, 11:49:24 AMJan 29
to igv-...@googlegroups.com
No, it does not support the .pbi index.

--

---
Message has been deleted

María José Morillo Chincoa

Jun 17, 2024, 11:26:31 AMJun 17
to igv-help
Hi,

 what tools would you recommend to visualise the aligned readings once they have been aligned?
Message has been deleted

James Robinson

Jun 17, 2024, 1:16:31 PMJun 17
to igv-...@googlegroups.com
IGV is perhaps the most used tool to visualize PacBio alignments, however you need to index the BAM files using either a ".bai" or ".csi" index, or if it's a CRAM file a ".crai" index.

I don't know of any visualization tools that support a ".pbi" index.    In fact I am not familiar with that index.  PacBio support might have some suggestions.

igv-help

Jun 18, 2024, 7:12:09 PMJun 18
to igv-help
If this is a PacBio specific file, then I would ask them.