IGV_2.16.2 in Windows 11 shows completely different appearance from Mac

Limin Chen

Apr 11, 2024, 2:10:35 PMApr 11
to igv-help
As you see, in Win11, how to set to make
1) the RefSeq genes track is at the bottom and it is locked so whenever I scroll down or up of other tracks. I can always see the RefSeq genes track;
2) the bam file is not really collapsed even I choose after right-click the track name. It works for coverage and splice-junks track. However, the bam track still does't really collapsed. I want all track visible in the window.

I have 7 tracks loaded, but I can't visualize them all at once.
Mac doesn't have those issues. And Mac is pretty clean for setting the box of each bam file.  I don't have a mac now.

Looking forward to any answers.

Best,
LiminScreenshot 2024-04-11 110216.pngScreenshot 2024-04-11 110229.png

igv-help

Apr 11, 2024, 2:37:17 PMApr 11
to igv-help
Hi Limin,

Take a look at view > preferences > general. Make sure that the preference "Display annotation and data tracks in single panel" is not checked.
If it is, uncheck it and restart IGV.

Note that  the  layout of tracks is saved when a session file is saved. So for example, even if that preference is not currently set in your IGV and you loaded a session file that has all the tracks together in a single panel then that's how they will be displayed.

Helga

Limin Chen

Apr 11, 2024, 3:58:03 PMApr 11
to igv-help
Hi Helga,

Thank you so much for the help. It works now following your advice.
Just to update in IGV_2.16.12. It is called "Display all tracks in a single panel", after unchecked this box. Everything works magically.

Thanks a lot,
Best,
Limin