Tracks don't show up when loaded

Andrea Oneglia

Sep 14, 2021, 7:32:53 AM9/14/21
to igv-help
Hi everyone,

I am using IGV 2.11.0 (but I am experiencing this issue with all the other previous versions), on Windows with 16GB RAM.

1) The problem is that it does not load more than one track. If I try to load track A and track B, it only shows track A. Basically, after a loading phase, while track A appears, track B does not (and track height get blocked on 0-10,00) as you can see from the attached screenshot.
2) The problem does not depend on the nature of the track since I can open track B if I load it alone. Also, if I open a session where track A and B have been already loaded (by someone else for example) they both appear and all is normal.
3) I have same issues with every other tracks.

Yes, I checked on preferences and I set them as my colleagues (they have no problem). We are all working on the same type of machine and we have the same settings now. So it does not seems to be related to settings.

I tried on another spare laptop. I installed IGV and try to load few tracks: same problem! So it is not the machine. It seems to be something I do while installing.
All I can think of is Firewall access which the system ask me to allow the first time I run IGV (I confirmed it), but I am not sure..

Does someone have any ideas of why this happen?

Thank you,
Andrea
Screen.JPG

Helga Thorvaldsdottir