RefSeq version

BCCHR workemail

Aug 13, 2021, 1:24:49 PM8/13/21
to igv-help
Hello,

I am using IGV-Web app version 1.5.7. The track RefSeq genes is loaded. I can see that it is from URL: https://s3.amazonaws.com/igv.org.genomes/hg19/ncbiRefSeq.sorted.txt.gz. However, I am not sure what version / date of accession of RefSeq genes this is. Is there a way that I can get more information about this track?

Thanks so much

James Robinson

Aug 13, 2021, 7:22:27 PM8/13/21
to igv-help
The track is downloaded from UCSC, specifically here: https://hgdownload.soe.ucsc.edu/goldenPath/hg19/database/ncbiRefSeq.txt.gz.   These annotations are curated by UCSC and aligned to their hg19 reference, which we also use.

I'm not sure this answers your question, but I don't think there is an answer as NCBI is not the source of these annotations directly.

James Robinson

Aug 13, 2021, 7:36:42 PM8/13/21
to igv-help
Note that if you require more specific annotations you can load any file in "gff" or other common annotation formats from the file menu.