Get base and insertion/deletion count in IGV

Tulsi Patel

Jul 15, 2015, 10:08:01 AM7/15/15
to igv-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I have a bam file which I want to get the counts for each base, insertion and deletion at every position. I understand there is a way to extract just the base counts (ACGTN) using igvtools and I have done so. However, I am more interested in the deletion count which is why I would like to be able to get this information from IGV. Is there anyway to export this data or get it using igvtools or other tools that wouldn't be too difficult for a bioinformatic novice?

Any help or suggestions are appreciated!

Tulsi