bedGraph support

simone.m...@studenti.unitn.it

Aug 13, 2019, 10:10:16 AM8/13/19
to igv-help
Hello. I would like to understand if bedGraph format is supported in IGV (I'm using version 2.5.3 linux). From the user manual I see that it should be possible to change "Graph Type" guess it should be supported (or at least something very similar). Anyway I'm unable to reach this setting in any way. Moreover if I load a track of this kind (the fourth in this example for instance) in IGV it actaually load a track but it does not shows any data or graphs. In contrast, in the browser app the data is shown, but there are no setting at all.
So again, I would like to understand if I'm doing something wrong or if simply this is not supported in linux version (or at all).

For reference, what I'm trying to obtain is the track "bedGraph" as showed here.

Thanks in advance

S. M.

simone.m...@studenti.unitn.it

Aug 13, 2019, 10:25:17 AM8/13/19
to igv-help

Edit. I updated to version 2.6.2. Now I see some data but it is not shown as a graph and I still don't have settings in the popup menu, see picture.

Screenshot_20190813_162240.png

James Robinson

Aug 13, 2019, 10:54:56 AM8/13/19
to igv-help
That looks like a bed file.  Be sure your file is begraph format, they are different, and that the file extension is ".bedgraph".   If that doesn't resolve your issues please zip and post an example file.

Jim

--

---

simone.m...@studenti.unitn.it

Aug 13, 2019, 11:32:16 AM8/13/19
to igv-help
It works! The problem was the extension name, I feel pretty dumb at the moment.

Thanks!

James Robinson

Aug 13, 2019, 12:52:14 PM8/13/19
to igv-help
Its a common issue, no problem.   IGV needs the extension because there are so many formats to disambiguate.