Error loading ... .vcf.gz: Self-suppression not permitted

Jade Celis

May 22, 2024, 5:46:19 AMMay 22
to igv-help
Hi,

I have exome sequencing data from 16 different patients in .vcf files.
Now, I want to upload all files to IGV so I can evaluate all patients at the same time. However, it seems like i am only able to upload 6-7 files, after that the program just stops uploading files or I get an error:
'Error loading C:\Users\ ... \ ... .vcf.gz: Self-suppression not permitted'

I tried all files separately and they upload just fine. I only get the error when I want to upload more than 6-7 files.

It is my first time working with IGV, could anyone help me with it?

Kind regards,
Jade

igv-help

May 22, 2024, 4:21:02 PMMay 22
to igv-help
Hi,

Are the vcf.gz files indexed (with .tbi index files)?

Jade Celis

May 23, 2024, 4:36:53 AMMay 23
to igv-help
Hi,

No there are no .tbi files. I do have .cram files?

Schermafbeelding 2024-05-23 103515.png

kind regards,
Jade

igv-help

May 23, 2024, 9:57:30 PMMay 23
to igv-help
Yes you have .cram files, but that is not relevant here.  If the VCFs were large then a .tbi index would be necessary, but they are rather small.

To investigate this further it would be helpful to see your igv.log file.   You can find this in an "igv" folder under your home directory.   It will have a name like "igv0.log".   Also, please confirm for us the version of IGV you are using.   If you would prefer not to post your log file here you can zip it and email it to igv-...@broadinstitute.org.

Also, if you are able to share your VCFs with us please zip them and send them to the same email.

Jade Celis

May 24, 2024, 8:24:24 AMMay 24
to igv-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I have added .tbi index files to the directory and now, I can open all files at once. Thank you so much for the help!

Kind regards,
Jade

Op vr 24 mei 2024 om 03:57 schreef igv-help <igv-...@googlegroups.com>:
--