Yulia Kentieva

Apr 12, 2024, 3:29:13 PMApr 12
to igv-help
I loaded a reference genome file (fasta format with fai file) from my local machine through Genomes -> Load genome from file. Then I see a blue circle by the cursor and nothing happens. I waited for 8+ hours yesterday but it was not loaded. The file is 2.51 GB. IGV version is 2.17.4

igv-help

Apr 12, 2024, 7:20:53 PMApr 12
to igv-help
I think I was able to reproduce the issue.  It appears to be a problem with the blue spinning circle not being dismissed, if you select a chromosome the blue circle should go away and the app behave as normal.  The actual loading of the genome takes less than a second.   If this does not resolve the issue let us know.  We will fix the stuck spinning circle for the next release.

Yulia Kentieva

Apr 15, 2024, 1:52:04 PMApr 15
to igv-help
When I choose a chromosome I still don't see the genome track. Does it mean it is loaded?
Screenshot 2024-04-15 at 12.50.13 PM.png

James Robinson

Apr 15, 2024, 4:56:59 PMApr 15
to igv-...@googlegroups.com
It looks loaded to me.  Do you mean a gene annotation track?  The fasta just defines the reference sequence, if you wish to see annotations you need to load those separately from the "File" menu.   See the user documentation for more details on genome annotations.

--

---