Interpreting Color by Pair Orientation

58 katselukertaa
Siirry ensimmäiseen lukemattomaan viestiin

hou ri

lukematon,
18.4.2024 klo 4.39.2518. huhtik.
vastaanottaja igv-help

I have got several bam files using the same pipeline. However, the blue and aquamarine reads of two samples (A and B) cover the whole genomes.

Has anyone encountered this issue earlier?

Best regards.

IGV_alignments.png

igv-help

lukematon,
18.4.2024 klo 19.24.4018. huhtik.
vastaanottaja igv-help

IGV just displays the data in the BAM file and we (the IGV development team) can't comment on the data or its interpretation. Perhaps a more general forum, like SeqAnswers, can help with your question.

igv-help

lukematon,
18.4.2024 klo 23.42.5118. huhtik.
vastaanottaja igv-help
Could you right-click over the A or B alignment track,  select "View as Pairs",  and show us the screenshot?

hou ri

lukematon,
22.4.2024 klo 2.12.4022. huhtik.
vastaanottaja igv-help

Thank you for your message, and please accept my apologies for the delay in replying.

Here I submit the screenshots after selecting "View as Pairs".

Best regards.IGV_alignments2.png

igv-help

lukematon,
22.4.2024 klo 17.15.3322. huhtik.
vastaanottaja igv-help
There's something strange with your data,  there is no separation between the pairs, in most cases it looks like they nearly completely overlap.  This could indicate very short fragment sizes in you library,  but that is not my area of expertise.  You can see one "normal" looking pair for each sample,  towards the right, the pair mates are gray and facing each other, with a grey connecting line.

IGV is just showing what is in your file, we really can't speculate on what went wrong,  but it looks like it was library prep not alignment artifacts.   You might post a query to a more analysis or next gen focused forum.

hou ri

lukematon,
22.4.2024 klo 20.08.0222. huhtik.
vastaanottaja igv-help
We find your comments to be highly valuable. Additionally, we believe there are issues with the library preparation.
Thank you very much.
Vastaa kaikille
Vastaa kirjoittajalle
Välitä