Whole Genome View Colors in BED

Jennifer Hauenstein

Jun 3, 2017, 4:10:03 PM6/3/17
to igv-help
I am trying to show copy number data in a BED format in IGV. I can see the different colors I have denoted when I go to a particular chromosome but not when viewing the whole genome. How can I see my colors on the whole genome view?

Thank you~

Jen

James Robinson

Jun 3, 2017, 5:11:57 PM6/3/17
to igv-help
Bed features are not displayed in whole-genome view,  rather the density of features.   Bed format support was designed for annotation features (like genes), not really for numeric data such as copy number.

--

---

Jennifer Hauenstein

James Robinson

Jun 3, 2017, 8:27:36 PM6/3/17
to igv-help
Not at this time.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/igv-help/e32682f2-676f-48b1-a2ab-da4a1deabb4b%40googlegroups.com.

James Robinson

Jun 3, 2017, 8:45:08 PM6/3/17
to igv-help
I mean not at the present time for the "bed" format.  Do you want to choose your own colors?  The standard format for this is the ".seg" format,  but it will display colors based on numeric value.    See http://software.broadinstitute.org/software/igv/SEG

The standard heatmap is red-blue,    you can change this with a track line.  See http://software.broadinstitute.org/software/igv/TrackLine,  specifically color (+ values),  and altColor (- values),  and viewLimits to set upper and lower bounds.    Optionally you can set midRange and midColor.

Jennifer Hauenstein

Jun 4, 2017, 9:47:54 AM6/4/17
to igv-...@googlegroups.com
James!

Thank you so much for your help!!! This is EXACTLY the direction I needed! I am soooooo grateful.

Jen

--

---