error loading: null

Maria Urbaniak

May 8, 2024, 8:05:38 AMMay 8
to igv-help

Hello, I'm trying to open files containing genomic DNA and mitochondrial DNA, and there's no issue when I use the reference Human(Ch37/hg19). However, when I use the mitochondrial reference and try to open the file again, I encounter the error: Error loading /Volumes/mariau/Family 15/E016327.cram: null. Even though the mitochondrial DNA is indeed present in the file. I'm using IGV version 2.16.0 and my computer is a Mac. I'm not attaching the file because it contains confidential data.

i attached my gv0.log file. And if it is esential the files that give me error tell my.

Thank you, I hope there's a way to solve it. Regards

Captura de Pantalla 2024-05-08 a las 14.05.21.png

igv-help

May 8, 2024, 4:55:45 PMMay 8
to igv-help
Hi, that version of IGV is a bit out-of-date, but I doubt that is the issue.  With CRAM files you have to use the exact sequence that the BAM was aligned to, and of course the sequence names must match.  I would suggest you verify this.  You can view the sequence the BAM was aligned to with samtools,  "samtools view -H",  you will get a list of sequence names and their length.

If this is the issue the newest version of IGV would not solve it, but you might get a more informative error message.