batch list of preference key value

Guillaume Charbonnier

Dec 14, 2017, 5:30:36 AM12/14/17
to igv-help
Hello,

I would like to know where I can find the list of all available keys and values for the "preference" command in IGV batch script.

I am especially looking for the key setting the "Group autoscale".

Thanks

Varun Gupta

Aug 4, 2021, 6:30:38 PM8/4/21
to igv-help

Hi,
Did you find a solution for this? If yes can you please share?

Regards,
Varun

James Robinson

Aug 4, 2021, 6:44:18 PM8/4/21
to igv-help

Varun Gupta

Aug 4, 2021, 7:03:41 PM8/4/21
to igv-help
Hi Jim,
Is this the key value pair I should add in my batch script for getting group autoscale for each locus I am running? Here is my batch script:

snapshotDirectory /user/pebams
goto chr1:64,530,804-64,606,548
preference CHART.AUTOSCALE boolean TRUE
snapshot
goto chr1:64,027,448-64,124,328
preference CHART.AUTOSCALE boolean TRUE
snapshot

I am running the batch script but group autoscale doesn't seem to work?

Varun Gupta

Aug 4, 2021, 7:11:06 PM8/4/21
to igv-help
even setDataRange auto doesn't work in the batch script.
I am using IGV 2.9.4
How can I fix this?
Thanks for all your help.

James Robinson

Aug 4, 2021, 7:25:14 PM8/4/21
to igv-help
The preferences are not relevant for this,  setDataRange is what you need to use.   If its not working give us an example script, using data we can access, preferably as a github issue. (github.com/igvteam/igv/issues).   Also see this issue which is relevant:  https://github.com/igvteam/igv/issues/997

The current version of igv is 2.10.3,  I do not know what issue may or may not have been present in earlier versions that might affect this.

--

---

Varun Gupta

Aug 4, 2021, 7:31:11 PM8/4/21
to igv-help
Hello Jim,
Thanks for the speedy reply. I came across the above post and installed version 2.10.3 and it seem to work with group autoscaling.
Thanks

Regards,
Varun