Sequence does not Match Current Genome: Error

Auz LoPinto

May 6, 2024, 4:50:45 PMMay 6
to igv-help
When I try to upload the following .bam files, I get this error. I'm using the attached reference genome.

"File: C:\Users\austi\OneDrive\Desktop\A1S24_-_GFP_OP50_Sequencing-415149741\BWA_Aligner_05_06_2024_3_27_54_2-734032312\G2GFP-ds.cac99ac126f948fbbdc7d0ff4a0d7be8\G2GFP.bam
does not contain any sequence names which match the current genome.

File:      chr,
Genome: gi|49175990|ref|NC_000913.2|     "

Please help! I used Illumina BWA Aligner, aligned to E. Coli MG1655.
Screenshot 2024-05-06 164610.png

Auz LoPinto

May 6, 2024, 4:51:29 PMMay 6
to igv-help
Also, I'm using windows 11.

igv-help

May 7, 2024, 7:19:10 AMMay 7
to igv-help
Hi, the message means the sequence (chromosome) names in your BAM file do not match the sequence names in the reference fasta.   Did you load the fasta yourself?

Auz LoPinto

May 7, 2024, 7:20:48 PMMay 7
to igv-help
I did not, I used one from the server. I fixed this though! I uninstalled everything, downloaded IGV without java included (i had included before), and then downloaded Java 11 SE. Everything worked after that.

James Robinson

May 7, 2024, 10:10:12 PMMay 7
to igv-...@googlegroups.com
I'm glad you solved it, but what version of IGV did you install, and from where did you get it?  The current version requires Java 17.

Auz LoPinto

May 8, 2024, 4:43:51 PMMay 8
to igv-...@googlegroups.com

--

---

igv-help

May 8, 2024, 4:48:04 PMMay 8
to igv-help
Thanks,  that page shouldn't exist.   I'm not sure how you found it but this is the correct download page

Auz LoPinto

May 8, 2024, 4:49:37 PMMay 8
to igv-...@googlegroups.com
Oh what? Is it possible that this is a fake website then?

James Robinson

May 8, 2024, 5:04:31 PMMay 8
to igv-...@googlegroups.com
No it's our website, but that page is not linked to by any of our current pages.   So how did you find it?  A Google search, or old bookmark?

Auz LoPinto

May 8, 2024, 5:06:21 PMMay 8
to igv-...@googlegroups.com
One of my classmates sent it to me. I don’t know where he got it from, could be from some old lecture or old course materials.

igv-help

May 9, 2024, 11:18:21 AMMay 9
to igv-help
Thanks for letting us know. In case others also try to use that link, it now redirects to the latest IGV download page.