MacOS App with Java cannot open with Rosetta 2

Theodora Papadopoulou

May 28, 2024, 6:36:37 AMMay 28
to igv-help
Hi, I have an issue while downloading IGV MacOS App with Java included in my macOS Sonoma with M2 chip. I tried downloading IGV version 2.17.2 and also the older one 2.16.2. Although I can open the applications and load the genome reference when I load the bam files I see nothing, whereas in other computers I can see the reads.

I have downloaded also Rosetta 2 but the app doesnt give the option to open with Rosetta and is Intel application, as shown below for version 2.16.2. Could you please assist me?
Screenshot 2024-05-28 at 12.33.52.png

igv-help

May 30, 2024, 4:10:30 PMMay 30
to igv-help
This doesn't really sound like a os/chip problem, but it would help to get some more info.
Can you send us a screenshot to show us what you mean when you say you "see nothing".
If the screenshot doesn't help, then other information we would need:
- the log of the IGV run when you see the problem. The IGV log can be found in the <userhome>/igv folder - it will be named something like igv0.log.
- the prefs.properties file in the <userhome>/igv folder