can't upload genome files to web version of IGV

PATH DRG

Nov 21, 2019, 2:18:38 PM11/21/19
to igv-help
Hi,

I'm totally new to IGV and I'm having problems getting started.
I've tried to load the reference genome (...genomic.fna.gz) and annotation (...genomic.gff.gz) files both by giving the URLs and by downloading the files first,  but in both cases I get an "invalid files" message from teh IGV browser.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

James Robinson

Nov 21, 2019, 3:09:57 PM11/21/19
to igv-help
Gzipped fastas are not supported, you must unzip it.  Additionally it needs to be indexed, but IGV will do that for you.

The genomic.gff.gz file should be loaded as an annotation, from "File > Load..", not from the Genomes menu.

--

---