IGV shuts down before initializing

Gilberto Marquez Chavoya

Feb 6, 2020, 2:47:05 AM2/6/20
to igv-help
Hello! I'm experiencing some trouble trying to start IGV since I downloaded version 2.8.x.
Just a few hours ago, I was working on IGV version 2.5 on my Windows 10 based computer and decided to update the program to the last version (2.8). After I did that, I couldnt start any IGV version ever since. Not sure what is happening the black console opens and instantly shuts down.
Tried restarting my computer and  reinstalling versions 2.5, 2.6 and 2.7 to see if it worked and nothing. Same problem. I even downloaded last JAVA version but nothing happens.

Hope you could help me figure it out cause IGV is the only program that allows me to work with the entire axolotl genome witouth lag or delays.
Thank you for you're time.

Best wishes for 2020,

Gilberto Marquez

James Robinson

Feb 6, 2020, 10:49:38 AM2/6/20
to igv-help
Hi,
We need to know what the error message is in the black window, of course it closes too fast to read.  Here's how to get it
(1) open a Command Prompt.  You can find this program by searching for "Command"
(2) Click on the command prompt window and change to the program directory by typing the following, followed by a return
        cd "c:\Program Files\IGV_2.8.0"
(3) Type the following command, followed by return
        igv.bat

Tell us what is in the window

--

---

David Eby

Feb 6, 2020, 6:55:35 PM2/6/20
to igv-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
One slight change to those instructions: for step (3) type "igv-launcher.bat" as the command.

David Eby

Feb 6, 2020, 7:22:37 PM2/6/20
to igv-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Sorry, my mistake.  Jim's command is correct here.  We haven't released that new command yet.

- David