Similar bed files not showing data in whole genome view

Adam Clayton

Apr 9, 2024, 4:14:02 PMApr 9
to igv-help
Long time user of IGV, but I'm seeing a behavior I can't explain. I'm using hg19 and the latest version of IGV 2.17.4. When I drop the attached bed files into IGV, in the whole genome view, I can see blue vertical bars indicating the location of annotations in the file beginning with "MYECNV_", but in the file beginning with "MYE_", I don't see any blue vertical bars. I can zoom into chromosomes containing annotations and see them in both files, but not on whole genome view. Both headers are identical in the files and annotations are formatted consistently in both files. Please let me know if there's something I can do to get IGV to display the annotations in the whole genome view for the MYE_ file.

Thank you,

-Adam
igv0.log
MYECNV_66d5dab9.cnvs.viz.bed
MYE_588a71cb.cnvs.viz.bed

igv-help

Apr 9, 2024, 6:24:57 PMApr 9
to igv-help
Hi Adam,
Yes that is strange. We'll look into it.

Helga

igv-help

Apr 10, 2024, 2:09:12 PMApr 10
to igv-help
Hi Adam,

We found the issue and the fix will be included in the next IGV release.
We don't have an estimated release date yet, but in the meantime the fix is in the IGV development snapshot build, which you can download from here.

Helga

igv-help

Apr 10, 2024, 3:55:07 PMApr 10
to igv-help
One more thing to note. The issue has to do with files that have no entries for chromosomes 1 or 2.
For your file that doesn't work, if you add a dummy entry say on chromosome 1 from bp 0 to 1, the file will correctly display the whole genome view even in versions of IGV that still have the bug.
So that would be a workaround if you prefer not to use the development snapshot version.

Helga

Adam Clayton

Apr 18, 2024, 8:56:19 AMApr 18
to igv-help
Thank you for identifying the cause of this bug.
Can you let me know when the fix has been added to a full release (and the version number) so that I proceed with testing to confirm functionality.

-Adam

igv-help

Apr 18, 2024, 12:23:44 PMApr 18
to igv-help
Hi Adam,

Yes - we will try to let you know as soon as it is released. But have you tried the development snapshot version to confirm it works for you?

Helga

Adam Clayton

Apr 18, 2024, 2:05:25 PMApr 18
to igv-...@googlegroups.com
Yes, I’ve confirming things are working in the latest snapshot build. Thanks for following up.

-Adam

On Apr 18, 2024, at 10:23, igv-help <igv-...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

Hi Adam,
--