Cytoband map is very low-res in IGV

Karmella Haynes

Mar 27, 2020, 4:39:33 PM3/27/20
to igv-help
Hello. I would like to determine which specific cytoband a gene is located in. I would like to use the IGV browser instead of the one at UCSC, because IGV loads more quickly. However, the cytoband map at the top of the IGV window does not label all cytobands. Can the specific cytobands be displayed as a track based on the table from the UCSC Genome Browser database?

James Robinson

Mar 27, 2020, 4:54:06 PM3/27/20
to igv-help
Hi, that could be done, not possible now.   I created a git issue, but no ETA on this https://github.com/igvteam/igv/issues/786

Is this possible at UCSC?

--

---

Karmella Haynes

Mar 27, 2020, 5:38:43 PM3/27/20
to igv-help

KAH032720_USCS_ss1.jpg

Thank you for your reply. Yes, this track can be displayed at UCSC. Please see the screen shot above (drak grey and light grey bars). To view this track I set "Mapping and Sequencing > Chromosome Band" to "full."