Re: What is Ignite Talk - not quite done draft slides

Jason

Nov 2, 2009, 12:43:26 PM11/2/09
to Dawn Foster, Lance, Loyan Roylance, Ignite Corvallis Planning
Looks good Dawn.  (Lance, see below and add anything I missed)

Couple of notes:

1. On slide 15, isn't Ignite Portland the 19th?
2. Yes, we should probably show the event sponsors
3. I think we are adding one more presentation to the first group:

    > Tamra Tilton - Brave New Travel Innovations : Surfing with Locals & WWOOFing

    I updated the order here: http://ignitecorvallis.com/2009/11/final-ignite-corvallis-2-lineup.html

4. Yes, Let's get a slide about upcoming things in Corvallis.  I'm getting a list from John Sechrest.

    Lance, anything you want to make sure gets mentioned?  The next BeaverBarCamp?

5. Loyan will get you a list of key sponsors and presenting partners.  It would be good to get those somewhere.

Thanks Dawn!

Dawn Foster wrote:
Hi Guys,

Here is my first draft of the What Is Ignite presentation. It's 10+MB, so I'm including a link instead of attaching it.
http://fastwonderblog.com/fastwonderfiles/presentations/What_Is_Ignite_CorvallisNov09_Draft.pdf

You'll notice that I am 2 slides short. Before I decide how to use those 2 slides, I wanted to check with you to see if you had any suggestions of things that I've missed? Some things you might want me to cover:
* I could include a sponsors slide if you wanted to send me names / logos for sponsors
* Any other upcoming events that I should plug? BarCampCorvallis, Beer and Blog, etc.?
* Special announcements for things people need to know about the venue?

I still need to do a few run throughs, so I might continue to tweak the slides on Monday, but I'll try to send you the final one on Monday evening.

The formatting is a little strange with the conversion to PDF, but I'll fix it in the final version. What format do you need for the final presentation - pdf, ppt, odp?

Thanks,
Dawn
Fast Wonder Consulting
Companies and Communities Book
http://fastwonderblog.com

On Thu, Oct 29, 2009 at 11:22 AM, Jason Prothero <ja...@proworks.com> wrote:
Of note: At the break we will have beer/wine available and cupcakes from Rocket Queen Cupcakes (a local Albany company - http://www.rocketqueencupcakes.com/ )

Might want to mention them in the outro to break...

Thanks,
Jason

Dawn Foster wrote:
A few questions for you:
* When do you need my slides?
* Are there any logistics that you want me to cover? Locations of afterparties, length of intermission, other announcements, etc.?
* How exactly are you running your ignite? No breaks between presentations like in Portland or introducing each speaker like seattle?

Thanks!
Dawn
Fast Wonder Consulting
Companies and Communities Book
http://fastwonderblog.com

Dawn Foster

Nov 3, 2009, 4:54:21 PM11/3/09
to Jason, Lance, Loyan Roylance, Ignite Corvallis Planning
OK, here's the latest version with the corrections you mentioned below, sponsors, and an event slide. I added BeaverBarCamp with date TBD - do we have a date for it?
http://fastwonderblog.com/fastwonderfiles/presentations/What_Is_Ignite_CorvallisNov09_Draft2.pdf

This should be very close to final. What's my last opportunity to make tweaks to the presentation? :)

Dawn
Fast Wonder Consulting
Companies and Communities Book
http://fastwonderblog.com

Jason

Nov 3, 2009, 5:33:30 PM11/3/09
to Dawn Foster, Lance, Loyan Roylance, Ignite Corvallis Planning
Looking good.  I attached a little bit better SAO logo.  Looks like there's some transparency issues or something going on.

I'll probably be putting together the slides tomorrow, so that's your "real" deadline.

Not sure on BeaverBarCamp.  Lance is the man there.
sao.jpg