New Ignite proposal

Jason

Oct 20, 2009, 1:02:32 PM10/20/09
to Ignite Corvallis Planning
Someone submitted a proposal last night...

http://proposals.ignitecorvallis.com/proposals/28

New travel paradigm? How CS website and surfing couches around the globe can make the world a better place

Last year, I took a mid-life hiatus from my normal routine and with the aid of a website called couchsurfing.com, traveled around Italy, France and England staying with hosts. I had an excellent adventure and experienced cross-cultural exchange. I see the use of technology allowing us to consider a new travel paradigm that is more economical and fosters beteer international relations. I will share my experiences and tips for doing this safely.

Any interest?  Or is it eliminated for being a day late?

-J

Lance

Oct 20, 2009, 1:30:21 PM10/20/09
to ignitecorval...@googlegroups.com
I heard this person gave a session at BarCamp this past Saturday and
it was a pretty good session. I'd say if we had an open spot we could
give it to her. Its an excellent topic.

Where are we at with openings? I know that Jillian was one of our
primary backups.

Paul Bausch

Oct 20, 2009, 7:19:00 PM10/20/09
to ignitecorval...@googlegroups.com
Yeah, that sounds really interesting to me! I vote in even though it's
late. (Sorry for the slow reply, I've been out most of today.)
--
pb

Loyan Roylance

Oct 20, 2009, 7:32:12 PM10/20/09
to ignitecorval...@googlegroups.com
As him if he is willing to be an alternate. No need to make a decision right
away.

Loyan

Jason

Oct 20, 2009, 11:16:08 PM10/20/09
to ignitecorval...@googlegroups.com
I'll let them know they're an alternate, then we can choose (or not
choose) 2-3 alternates on Monday when we meet next.

Thanks,
Jason

Chris Nordyke

Oct 21, 2009, 12:37:14 AM10/21/09