[Fwd: Re: Ignite Corvallis 2 Lineup Selected]

Jason

Oct 20, 2009, 12:58:56 PM10/20/09
to Ignite Corvallis Planning
FYI...

-------- Original Message --------
From: Nate Otto <otto...@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Ignite Corvallis 2 Lineup Selected
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2009 09:50:06 -0700
To: Jason <prot...@gmail.com>

Jason,

That is disappointing to hear. I was hoping that my proposal would provide a good contrast to the usual Ignite topics. People don't often cover economics. If you choose to offer me a guaranteed position if somebody drops out, I would accept, but I do not want to put together a presentation that might not be given. I have a lot to do this fall, between studying for the GRE, applying to grad schools, and finding a new job. As I will be in grad school next year, I will not be available for Ignite Corvallis 3. Best of luck preparing your event.

Nate

Jason wrote:
Nate,

The Ignite Corvallis 2 selection committee met last night to select the final lineup for the November 5th event and I sorry to say your proposal wasn't selected for the final 14.  The decision was difficult and we really appreciate you taking the time to submit a proposal.

However, there's a chance that you still may make it into the final line-up.  We need alternates in case someone cannot present due to unforeseen reasons.  We have already had one finalist let us know they cannot present.

Are you interested in being an alternate?  Clearly we already have one spot potentially available and more may open up.  Also, we may review your slide deck and make a last minute addition if we like what we see.  However, this may mean that you make an Ignite slide deck that isn't seen at Ignite Corvallis 2.  Slide decks are due November 2nd.

We definitely encourage you to try again and resubmit your proposal for Ignite Corvallis 3 next year!

Please let us know if you are interested in being an alternate in the next couple of days.

If you have any questions, concerns, or comment please feel free to send an email.

Thanks,
Ignite Corvallis Selection Team

Jason

Oct 20, 2009, 1:25:16 PM10/20/09