Notices for chosen Ignite Presentations

Jason Prothero

Oct 19, 2009, 10:18:46 PM10/19/09
to Ignite Corvallis Planning
Just an FYI:

I've sent out all of the Ignite notices to the ones we selected.

3 are confirmed.

Paul Bausch

Oct 20, 2009, 1:18:52 AM10/20/09
to ignitecorval...@googlegroups.com
Are you going to send notes to people who were denied? I got a query
from Quinton Hamel--

https://twitter.com/qhamel/status/5011548781

I could let him know his talk wasn't chosen if not.
--
Paul

Jason

Oct 20, 2009, 9:50:47 AM10/20/09
to ignitecorval...@googlegroups.com
I was going to wait until this morning to make sure we were trending
toward everyone being in.

One person has declined so I'll send out an email thisorning to the
group with questions.

Sent from my iPhone

Jason

Oct 20, 2009, 10:21:36 AM10/20/09
to ignitecorval...@googlegroups.com
Guys,

So far only one person (Hal Pomeranz) has bowed out.

We left last night with only one alternate, but we didn't really go through all of the other ?'s to see if any other presentations are alternates.  Our current alternate is Jillian Burrows and that's it.

Any others we want to add to the alternate list?

I haven't emailed the people that we're picked yet.  Should I just tell every else they are alternates?

Lance

Oct 20, 2009, 10:42:10 AM10/20/09
On Tue, Oct 20, 2009 at 7:21 AM, Jason <prot...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Guys,
>
> So far only one person (Hal Pomeranz) has bowed out.

Darn, I was hoping he'd go!

> We left last night with only one alternate, but we didn't really go through
> all of the other ?'s to see if any other presentations are alternates.  Our
> current alternate is Jillian Burrows and that's it.
>
> Any others we want to add to the alternate list?
>
> I haven't emailed the people that we're picked yet.  Should I just tell
> every else they are alternates?

I say lets have two people on the alternate list. I'll email my
suggestions once I put out some fires at work and look at the list we
have.

Chris Nordyke

Oct 20, 2009, 10:59:10 AM10/20/09
to ignitecorval...@googlegroups.com
Yes
--
Sent from my mobile device

Chris Nordyke
Agent, State Farm Companies
1945 NW Kings Blvd.
Corvallis, OR
Office 541-452-5200
Mobile 541-990-8050
http://www.twitter.com/chrisnordyke
http://chrisnordyke.blogspot.com
http://www.mycorvallisinsurance.com

Paul Bausch

Oct 20, 2009, 11:04:25 AM10/20/09
to ignitecorval...@googlegroups.com
Thinking back to last year, I think it would have been awkward to be
an alternate. I wouldn't know if I should put a talk together or not.
So I think we're asking a lot of the alternates and it'd be good to
limit that number.

It might be better to say no now, and tap them later if others bow out.
--
Paul

Chris Nordyke

Oct 20, 2009, 11:14:57 AM10/20/09
to ignitecorval...@googlegroups.com
I say we keep everyone as "alternates" or almost everyone. In addition to maybe trying to find some additional ones within our circles.
We can always develop the alternates a bit more- give them some instruction/tips.

Chris Nordyke

Oct 20, 2009, 11:17:39 AM10/20/09
to ignitecorval...@googlegroups.com
Oops. didn't read far enough, disregard my comment.

Loyan

Oct 20, 2009, 11:36:59 AM10/20/09
to Ignite Corvallis Planning
It is a lot to expect from alternates. I think we ask alternates if
they would like to be such. They can freely decline. They should be
expected to present if they accept. We can note that we have already
had one drop out. I'd feel safe having 2 alternates lined up at any
time.

In addition we can let alternates know we will review thier slide
decks and possibly promote them into the lineup based on the slides.

A note to those that were not selected would be polite. We want to
encourage their submissions for the next IGNITE.

On Oct 20, 8:17 am, Chris Nordyke <chris.nord...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Oops. didn't read far enough, disregard my comment.
>
> On Tue, Oct 20, 2009 at 8:14 AM, Chris Nordyke <chris.nord...@gmail.com>wrote:
>

> > I say we keep everyone as "alternates" or almost everyone. In addition to
> > maybe trying to find some additional ones within our circles.
> > We can always develop the alternates a bit more- give them some
> > instruction/tips.
>
> > On Tue, Oct 20, 2009 at 7:42 AM, Lance <ramer...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Mobile 541-990-8050http://www.twitter.com/chrisnordykehttp://chrisnordyke.blogspot.comhttp://www.mycorvallisinsurance.com- Hide quoted text -

Jason

Oct 20, 2009, 11:35:38 AM10/20/09
to ignitecorval...@googlegroups.com
OK,

So I think I'm going to do a thank you, but you weren't selected email and ask if they would be interested in being an alternate.  That way its their decision if they want to do that.

How does that sound?

Thanks,
Jason

Lance

Oct 20, 2009, 11:42:12 AM10/20/09
to ignitecorval...@googlegroups.com
I think we should have one or two people lined up as alternates
(Jillian is already one) but wait to ask them until we hear back from
everyone. I'd prefer to see this be a good quality ignite, not a large
quantity. If we have one less it wouldn't be the end of the world. Has
all of the others you email replied already and accepted or are you
still waiting?

Jason

Oct 20, 2009, 12:32:33 PM10/20/09
to Ignite Corvallis Planning
Anyone on the "alternates" list we can decide in/out status even after
they give us their slides. Its possible we might want to add someone
because it turns out they have a great looking presentation.

On Oct 20, 8:42 am, Lance <ramer...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I think we should have one or two people lined up as alternates
> (Jillian is already one) but wait to ask them until we hear back from
> everyone. I'd prefer to see this be a good quality ignite, not a large
> quantity. If we have one less it wouldn't be the end of the world. Has
> all of the others you email replied already and accepted or are you
> still waiting?
>
> On Tue, Oct 20, 2009 at 8:35 AM, Jason <proth...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > OK,
>
> > So I think I'm going to do a thank you, but you weren't selected email and
> > ask if they would be interested in being an alternate.  That way its their
> > decision if they want to do that.
>
> > How does that sound?
>
> > Thanks,
> > Jason
>
> > Chris Nordyke wrote:
>
> > Oops. didn't read far enough, disregard my comment.
>
> > On Tue, Oct 20, 2009 at 8:14 AM, Chris Nordyke <chris.nord...@gmail.com>
> > wrote:
>
> >> I say we keep everyone as "alternates" or almost everyone. In addition to
> >> maybe trying to find some additional ones within our circles.
> >> We can always develop the alternates a bit more- give them some
> >> instruction/tips.

Jason

Oct 20, 2009, 12:46:00 PM10/20/09
to Ignite Corvallis Planning
Thanks for the feedback guys. Very helpful.

I sent out a message to everyone this morning who wasn't selected.
Hopefully we have a few potential alternates to choose from. I agree
with Lance, we may decide not to use any alternates and keep it at 13
and that's OK.

Anyways, I'm just waiting on Scott Gilpin and the Gardners. Katherine
Cleland really wants to do it and is in for now, but she has some
personal things that may interfere. She should know in the next week
if that is the case.

Thanks,
Jason

On Oct 20, 8:42 am, Lance <ramer...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I think we should have one or two people lined up as alternates
> (Jillian is already one) but wait to ask them until we hear back from
> everyone. I'd prefer to see this be a good quality ignite, not a large
> quantity. If we have one less it wouldn't be the end of the world. Has
> all of the others you email replied already and accepted or are you
> still waiting?
>
> On Tue, Oct 20, 2009 at 8:35 AM, Jason <proth...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > OK,
>
> > So I think I'm going to do a thank you, but you weren't selected email and
> > ask if they would be interested in being an alternate.  That way its their
> > decision if they want to do that.
>
> > How does that sound?
>
> > Thanks,
> > Jason
>
> > Chris Nordyke wrote:
>
> > Oops. didn't read far enough, disregard my comment.
>
> > On Tue, Oct 20, 2009 at 8:14 AM, Chris Nordyke <chris.nord...@gmail.com>
> > wrote:
>
> >> I say we keep everyone as "alternates" or almost everyone. In addition to
> >> maybe trying to find some additional ones within our circles.
> >> We can always develop the alternates a bit more- give them some
> >> instruction/tips.

Jason

Oct 20, 2009, 4:41:15 PM10/20/09
to Ignite Corvallis Planning
FYI,

Every one of the finalists has responded. All are a "yes" except Hal
Pomeranz. And Katherine Cleland might have a conflict, but that is
still pending.

As far as the alternates, only Vernon Huffman said yes he would be
willing to be an alternate if we want.

I'm still unsure what I should do with the new proposal... does it
sound interesting?

Thanks,
Jason

Lance

Oct 20, 2009, 4:42:56 PM10/20/09
On Tue, Oct 20, 2009 at 1:41 PM, Jason <prot...@gmail.com> wrote:

> FYI,
>
> Every one of the finalists has responded.  All are a "yes" except Hal
> Pomeranz.  And Katherine Cleland might have a conflict, but that is
> still pending.
>
> As far as the alternates, only Vernon Huffman said yes he would be
> willing to be an alternate if we want.

So Jillian said no too?

> I'm still unsure what I should do with the new proposal... does it
> sound interesting?

I heard during the OSEL meeting today that she gave a barcamp session
last saturday and it was really interesting. I don't know the person
but it seemed like she could do a good job. I'm ok with going with
just 13 or adding her.

Jason

Oct 20, 2009, 4:48:13 PM10/20/09
to ignitecorval...@googlegroups.com
Sorry, should have been more clear.  I've only heard from Ed, Vernon, and Nate on the alternates.  No one else responded yet.

Thanks,
Jason