conference notes

Nihat Yurt

Dec 15, 2009, 5:14:44 AM12/15/09
to igint...@googlegroups.com

Dear all,

I am sending you the telegraphic notes of the questions raised during the eGovNet session below:

From Raul Zambrano, UNDP:

1.       Analyze the other experiences to improve your goals regarding south-south cooperation.

2.        Map eGov initiatives

3.       3 layers of knowledge

a.       Political will: There is a gap with public administration and government

b.      Who is gone a do this? How do I do it?

c.       Implementation of know how.

Palestine representative:

1.       20 eGov projects mentioned. Are they connected? Are they sharing information?

2.       Syria experience included. Are there other countries to be included?

Syrian delegation:

Examples of aborted projects?

Salah Mandil

Interoperability issue already started during the building stage.

eGovNet idea is very welcome.

Few target projects can arise and it will expand to other 12.

Documentation is important. A guideline (at least outline) is needed for helping other countries to fill in.

Iranian delegate

Tow cathegories. First group is who do not want egov. Second is they do not know to do it. Iran is not willing to transfer know how on tech. We need regional institutions driven by eGov experts.

Palestine, Ali, eGovNet is a very excellent idea I strongly support. How can we keep this network and contact with personal. You said it took ten years to develop eJustice projects. Have you started any projects? In governments there are lack of qualified persons.

Thomas South Korea:

Face to face meetings are important. High speed cooperation network. TODAIE seminar rooms can be used.

Best  regards

Nihat Yurt

P.S. Please feel free to send any notes about the conference.