IGF 2024

Amali De Silva - Mitchell

Jul 20, 2024, 4:47:55 PM (2 days ago) Jul 20
to IGF Dynamic Coalition on Data Driven Health Technologies
Dear DC Members

Looking at the proposals from the secretariat, and the preferences given to the DC DDHT work plan for 2024, that we have in action, I note the following.

We canNot collaborate with the other DC on Health, that wants to get rid of GPs. That is their session topic.This is actually against our DCs  Core moral values.

We believe that the patient must have a 1 to 1 contact with the doctor, however small that interaction. We are human.

What we believe in is building system efficiencies, building human rights and gaining universal meaningful access. IcT as a tool, not as a substitute for a doctor or nurse.

Hence I propsose the following....

First - DC Libraries - this was our original plan of action for 2024

Second - Network Communities - reaching the last mile - they have collaborated with us in the past

Third - Core internet values

Other than for the session for libaries, we can take a reduced role this year. Primarily, as we will only have Amado onsite, and we expected this kind of outcome any way.

I hope Libraries will partner with us ... we wait to hear from them..

Regards,

Amali
Coord DC DDHT

Amali De Silva - Mitchell MSC., CPA, CMA