Recent global technical outage - your insights on UAT

Amali De Silva - Mitchell

Jul 22, 2024, 10:28:12 AM (16 hours ago) Jul 22
to IGF Dynamic Coalition on Data Driven Health Technologies
Dear Members

With the global outage of last week due to the MS Clodstrike issue, it would be interesting to hear of your insights, please.

I wonder if there was an issue with user testing UAT at individual locations not just the Cloudstrike testing? Would this be a  reason for some outage but not comprehensive outage ?

I would be interested in your thoughts.

This is important for health systems as we cant have errors on crtitical applications. We also have more and more version updates testing to carry out in real life from say 20 years back.

Please write back...

Amali
Coord DC DDHT

Amali De Silva - Mitchell MSC., CPA, CMA

Amado Espinosa

Jul 22, 2024, 12:15:27 PM (14 hours ago) Jul 22
to Amali De Silva - Mitchell, IGF Dynamic Coalition on Data Driven Health Technologies

Dear Amali,

This is a confusing episode. On one side, multi billion SW companies is very difficult that they allow themselves such very big mistakes like uploading changes, without exhaustive testing.

On the other side, cloud computing is a big challenge. Talking about European Health Data Lakes would be only possible if those massive DBs are available. AI works now only on cloud basis.

Healthcare organizations are dependent on this premises, without a real economic influence on how to audit Qty processes at their IT providers.

It seems, however, that some level of confidence got lost last week, specially regarding sensitive health personal data regulations.

Applications at hospitals are nowadays widespread and the dependence is almost total. No matter that, benefits are greater than the inconvenient such kind of crashing events can cause.

Regards

Amado Espinosa

Amali De Silva - Mitchell

Jul 22, 2024, 12:44:50 PM (14 hours ago) Jul 22
to IGF Dynamic Coalition on Data Driven Health Technologies
Crowdstrike - spelling

Amali De Silva - Mitchell MSC., CPA, CMA
Jul 22, 2024, 12:46:24 PM (14 hours ago) Jul 22
to IGF Dynamic Coalition on Data Driven Health Technologies
Thank you Amado

Perhaps a topic for a session in the future ?

Amali

Amali De Silva - Mitchell MSC., CPA, CMA

Amado Espinosa

Jul 22, 2024, 1:12:04 PM (13 hours ago) Jul 22
to Amali De Silva - Mitchell, IGF Dynamic Coalition on Data Driven Health Technologies