any future upgrades?

a j dimaculangan

Jul 25, 2010, 4:26:46 AM7/25/10
to iGet Support
I'll admit that I use iGet on a daily basis because it's that good at
what it does. And the new versions of OSX don't seem to effect it
either way.

Are there any plans for future upgrades in this product?

Thanks,

-- AJD

Nakahara Informatics, Inc.

Jul 29, 2010, 7:37:47 AM7/29/10
to iGet Support
Hello!

Thank you for the question.

First of all, I am glad to hear that you use iGet every day, and have
found it to be extremely stable across OS updates. That is our
experience also.

I admit it is worrisome when there are no posts in an app's support
forum, and also no new releases in over a year.

However, isn't really in 'maintenance mode'. There are indeed plans
(and work in progress) on this front, but the new code base has
diverged enough from the current version that there is no more active
development on the 2.x line.

iGet 3.0 is expected to ship until 2011. Although Nakahara Informatics
acquired iGet back in 2007, version 3.0 will be the first release that
fully reflects our vision for the product, and it has been a
considerable engineering effort.

So, sorry for the wait, but we think it will worth it.

Very best regards,
--
Kyo for sup...@nakahara-informatics.com
Nakahara Informatics, Inc.