It's released! iGet Mobile 2.0 improves remote Mac access from iPhone, iPod, and PC

Nakahara Informatics, Inc.

May 12, 2008, 10:27:51 PM5/12/08
to iGet Mobile Support
Hello everybody.

We just released iGet Mobile 2. The full press release is below, but
here's the executive summary:

What: iGet Mobile, a personal web interface to your Mac, optimized for
iPhone
Why: major new enhancements
Where: http://www.nakahara-informatics.com/igetmobile/iGetMobile-latest.dmg
(5MB)
When: released Monday, May 12, 2008
Specs: Universal Binary, requires Mac OS X 10.5
Changes: http://www.nakahara-informatics.com/igetmobile/history
Info: http://www.nakahara-informatics.com/igetmobile

---

iGet Mobile 2.0 improves remote Mac access from iPhone, iPod, and PC

Second generation of remote Mac access software available immediately
as free upgrade

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

ITHACA, New York — May 12, 2008 — Nakahara Informatics, Inc. today
announced the release of iGet Mobile™ 2.0, the next generation of the
company's remote Mac access software for iPhone, iPod Touch and other
web-capable devices.

iGet Mobile gives Mac users a personal web interface to access their
documents remotely, with a special emphasis on making various types of
data more accessible on small-form-factor devices.

Version 2.0 sports new iPhone-specific features in the web interface,
an improved web server component, a completely redesigned user
interface for the Mac application, and many other enhancements.
Automatic network configuration is also improved, making it easy for
most Mac users to make their personal servers accessible from the
Internet without requiring networking expertise.

"It's just cool," said one user who participated in the beta test.
"Instead of 8GB, it's like having a 500GB iPhone, because everything
on my iMac at home is basically always in my pocket."

"We're tremendously excited about this release," said CEO Christopher
Martin. "The iPhone is certainly the most interesting new platform in
a decade, and it's been a catalyst for innovation. Last year, we
released iGet Mobile 1.0 in record time, due to insistent demand from
customers who wanted a solution for accessing the Mac from the iPhone
as soon as we could possibly deliver it. Now, with this second major
release, we've not only been able to add new features, but have also
added a lot more polish in terms of how the application looks and
behaves. So we're very pleased to make this release available as a
free upgrade for all our customers."

iGet Mobile not only allows users to browse their Macs remotely, but
can also perform on-the-fly document conversions that make many common
Mac file types more compatible with mobile devices. This means that a
50MB high-resolution Photoshop image file can be reduced in size and
converted to a standard image format, or that a rich-text RTFD
document can be instantly converted to PDF format, before being viewed
on an iPhone.

While designed with the iPhone specifically in mind, iGet Mobile
allows users to access their Macs from "any decently web-capable
device", Martin added.

iGet Mobile 2.0 is available immediately from the company's web site:

http://www.nakahara-informatics.com/igetmobile

The software will run in full-featured demo mode, allowing users to
try out all of its features before purchasing a license.

iGet Mobile was designed from the ground up using the latest Apple
technologies, and it requires Mac OS X 10.5 or later. It will run on
any Mac that supports this version of the OS.

Pricing and Availability
iGet Mobile 2.0 is available immediately from the company's web site,
at www.nakahara-informatics.com. Regularly priced at $39, the software
is currently available for the special promotional price of only $29,
for a limited time.

For more information, please visit the company's Web site at
www.nakahara-informatics.com, send email to support@nakahara-
informatics.com, or call (888) 550-0505.

About Nakahara Informatics, Inc.
Nakahara Informatics is a technical consulting and software
development firm serving clients in Japan, South Korea, Europe, and
the United States. The company jump-started its line of Mac OS X
application software in 2007 by acquiring iGet, the Mac file transfer
tool, and quickly followed up with the award-winning version of that
software for the iPhone, iGet Mobile. Nakahara Informatics, Inc. is a
privately-held Delaware corporation.

Press Contact:
Ms. Kyo Sanada (Nahakara Informatics, Inc.)
ige...@nakahara-informatics.com
(888) 550-0505
Nakahara Informatics, the Nakahara Informatics logo, and iGet are
trademarks or registered trademarks of Nakahara Informatics, Inc.
Other company and product names may be trademarks of their respective
owners.