How can I uninstall iGet Mobile from my Mac?

Nakahara Informatics, Inc.

May 13, 2008, 9:03:34 PM5/13/08
to iGet Mobile Support
This question comes from a user via email, and it's probably useful to
others as well, so I am re-posting it here.

>how do I uninstall iget mobile from my mac? what files need to be
>removed? do any network settings need to be changed back to avoid
>security issues?

Hello,

Thanks for the queston. Everything iGet Mobile puts on your Mac is
located within your home directory. To completely uninstall
everything:

1. Delete the iGet Mobile application itself.

2. Delete the folder "~/Library/Application Support/iGet Mobile"

3. Delete any files in "~/Library/Preferences" whose names begin with
"com.nakahara-informatics.iGetMobile"

4. Delete the file ~/Library/Preferences/iGetMobileTool.plist

NOTE: "~" in the above path locations is a shorthand way to refer to
your home directory. Normally, this is something like "/Users/
johnsmith" or similar.

iGet Mobile does not change any network settings on your Mac. It does,
by default, request that your router set up temporary port forwarding
when you start the server. So, to be extra-paranoid, you may wish to
reboot the router once after removing iGet Mobille.

Note that none of those files mentioned above will actually have any
effect if the iGet Mobile application itself is not running.

Hope that helps,
--
Naomi for sup...@nakahara-informatics.com
Nakahara Informatics, Inc.