Some basic infomation-PC to MAC Safari

carlsc...@gmail.com

Oct 17, 2008, 12:24:52 PM10/17/08
to iGet Mobile Support
Ok I need to connect to my Macbook via my pc here at work. What I can
not do at work is access YAHOO or GMAIL accounts. Can IGet Mobile do
this? Can I access my Safari via my PC at work and route outbound.
Currently I do the DYNDNS for dynamic DNS, and remote desktop on the
PCS(both at home and work)

Nakahara Informatics Inc.

Oct 17, 2008, 11:12:56 PM10/17/08
to iget-mobi...@googlegroups.com, carlsc...@gmail.com
Hello,

Thanks for the inquiry. If I understand you correctly, I don't think
iGet Mobile is quite what you want for that.

iGet Mobile allows you to remotely access your files and documents
which are stored on the Mac. E.g., you can view or download the Word
document or other files on your Mac's Desktop or in the Documents
folder.

However, iGet Mobile does not provide access to your Mac's *screen*.

Something like VNC would allow you connect to your Mac in a similar
way, but control the whole screen remotely. The problem with that
approach is that is is very slow, but it can be workable in a pinch or
with fast connections on both ends.

A better way to just get to one computer (your remote Mac) and then
from there access sites which are blocked at your office would be an
SSH tunnel. Unfortunately I have no idea how to do that from a PC.

Sorry that I can't be more helpful for your specific issue. Good luck!

Best regards,
--
Naomi for sup...@nakahara-informatics.com
Nakahara Informatics, Inc.