IGDA Meeting Sept 9th

vazor

Aug 27, 2021, 12:02:43 AM8/27/21
to Utah IGDA Members
Our next regular meeting will feature physical translocation and remembering what body language is! You are invited to attend the upcoming chapter meeting on Sept 9th at 7:30pm in the new SpyHop building! We will gather  (seats limited so we can socially distance) and catch up with colleagues, and then hear a presentation from Greyson Richey titled "Godot Crazy, an Introduction" which is about a cool indie game engine some of you may be wanting to take a look at!

When:
Thursday, Sept 9th, 7:30pm

Where:
SpyHop
Kahlert Youth Media Arts Center
208 W. Harvey Milk Boulevard, SLC, UT 84101

Folks can park in the parking lot at Spy Hop, the front door and back door both have doorbells to get buzzed into the building. We're in the large conference room.

RSVP: Email vazo...@gmail.com with your headcount so we can notify if the room fills up.

vazor

Sep 8, 2021, 12:46:56 AM9/8/21
to Utah IGDA Members
Reminder that this is happening this Thursday!

vazor

Sep 9, 2021, 11:55:19 PM9/9/21
to Utah IGDA Members
Thank you to our speaker Greyson Richey for the fun presentation, and thank you to SpyHop for hosting! If you missed it, you can find the VOD here: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1144211899

We are planning the Utah Game Developers Choice Awards most likely Dec 4th at 7:30pm at the SpyHop building! Please send in your game nominees for games that were worked on by Utah developers that were released from December of last year to November of this year.

Finally, the organizers of GDC have reached out to the IGDA to find more diverse speakers for the 2022 Summits and Game Career Seminar. They are looking for people to speak on many topics, but have specifically noted the need for Advanced Graphics, AI , Art Direction, Board Game Design, Free to Play, Level Design, Machine Learning, Math in Games, Online Game Technology, Production Essentials, Tools, and Open Source Game Development. If you are a developer of a diverse background or know ones is your group, please share this application link with them: https://2022vrdc.gdc4p.com/

Sam

Sep 10, 2021, 9:17:12 AM9/10/21
to Utah IGDA Members
Thanks for the VOD!