Utah Game Dev Choice Awards 2021

vazor

Nov 4, 2021, 3:58:36 PM11/4/21
to Utah IGDA Members
On Dec 4th at 7:30pm we are happy to announce SpyHop is sponsoring volunteers and the venue for the Utah Game Developers Choice Awards 2021! Check them out at https://spyhop.org
The venue is the Spy Hop Rooftop which is at 208 W Harvey Milk Blvd, downtown SLC.

Also joining as a sponsor is UDEN https://www.utahden.org who will help out with physical awards and organizing!

We are excited to announce this year's MCs will be:
Marshall Biesinger, who some of you may know as Arrustar, and L0N3STARR, who can be found at

New this year, we will have the games on site to play, including a unique opportunity to experience Spark XR's "teleportation" pod!

We need a couple more volunteers for showcasing games, and we are still seeking after-party sponsorships and ideas for good dining locations! Let me know if you'd like to help!

Updated candidate list:

Canvas Colors In the Moving City - UnfinishedCircl - https://unfinishedcircl.itch.io/canvas-colors-in-the-moving-city
AlUla Adventures - Spark XR - https://www.alulaadventures.com/
Dissolve - Baby Star Games - https://www.babystargames.com/landing
Death Drive - Rose Gold Media - https://olivergallina.itch.io/death-drive

Last call for candidate submissions! Games released and worked on by people living in Utah from last December through this November are eligible.

vazor

Nov 11, 2021, 3:49:00 AM11/11/21
to Utah IGDA Members
Note there is no meeting tomorrow since Final Burn is on Dec 4th.
If you're going to the Utah Indie Game Jam this weekend, I'll see you there!

Award Show Update:
New sponsor: Thank you to Blue Gene's for providing a prize and hosting our after party (21+)!

vazor

Nov 30, 2021, 2:06:46 AM11/30/21
to Utah IGDA Members
Reminder and heads up:
The choice awards are this weekend!!
Show up a half hour early for meet and greet and maybe try out one or two of the nominated games!
L0N3STARR sadly had a death in the family and will not be able to join us. Arrustar will still be our MC for the night.

vazor

Dec 4, 2021, 9:20:51 PM12/4/21
to Utah IGDA Members
For anyone not sure where to go: Head to the west side of the building and enter through the loading zone. You should see Liz from SpyHop letting people in!