January News and Global Game Jam 2021

vazor

Jan 1, 2021, 1:41:03 PM1/1/21
to Utah IGDA Members
Happy New Year!

Just a quick email to update everyone on the chapter plans for January.

We will have our regular business/elections meeting on January 14th at 7:30pm in the usual discord. If you'd like to run to be on the organizing committee, let me know or reply here with your campaign statement.

Global Game Jam 2021 will be happening in that same discord, on Jan 29-31.

Feel free to browse the GGJ HQ jammer resources to prepare for the event: https://globalgamejam.org/jammer-resources
Feel free to join the GGJ Global Discord: https://discord.gg/xEjUetk

For our local discord and for more details and to sign up:

Thank you in advance to the volunteers for helping organize our local site for GGJ 2021.

Finally, a big thank you to the University of Utah for being willing to sponsor a nitro boost so that the discord server can handle all the streaming and voice chatting we'll be doing!

vazor

Jan 13, 2021, 12:55:01 AM1/13/21
to Utah IGDA Members
Reminder: Our regular chapter meeting is coming up this Thursday at 7:30pm on the usual discord server and twitch channel. This is our annual elections and feedback meeting, and we'll likely have games (Among Us?) after 30 minutes or so. If you have any questions feel free to email me directly!

Also we have this notification from HQ to share:
As part of our goals for the new year, in order to establish a satisfaction baseline for individual chapter/SIG communities and provide Chapters/SIGs and IGDA HQ feedback/insight from our community, we are sending out this brief survey:
Feel free to fill it out if you'd like to give feedback. :)

vazor

Feb 3, 2021, 4:33:17 AM2/3/21
to Utah IGDA Members
Here are the results of the Utah Game Devs Global Game Jam 2021! Congratulations to everyone who made it to the end!

Closing Ceremonies (Full) - https://www.twitch.tv/videos/899102212