Volunteer Speaker Opportunity

vazor

Jan 28, 2022, 2:16:29 PM1/28/22
to Utah IGDA Members
I've gotten a request for a speaker to talk to a college class about gaming or game development.

All the information is below if you're interested!
  -Josh

-----

Here are some topics that our textbook covers that perhaps one or more of your associates could speak to:

-the Pokémon go phenomena
-violence in video games
-representation in video games
-the business mode of digital gaming such as development, marketing, advertising, etc.

Because this is a media and society course, we are looking at different forms of media in regards to how it relates to society overall and the implications of media use in society.

Our class runs 80 mins, so a 30-45 min presentation would be fantastic. Or a Q & A type would be great, the students are very inquisitive. As long as the presenter is able to speak to the use of digital gaming and its implications for society, that would be fine.

The audience is mixed, Latino/Latina, Caucasian, and some Asian students as well. Most are fairly new to college and higher academia. Ages range from low 20s to low 30s

My class meets Tuesday and Thursday at 10 am and again at 1 pm. I teach two sections of the course Tuesdays and Thursdays.

No equipment or technology would be necessary or required, unless the presenter wanted to bring some PowerPoint to share or some graphics. We have projectors in our class and HDMI cables, so a laptop can be hooked up. Mostly our class is discussion based mixed with some lecture material.

My contact information is
Rachel Aubrey

Thanks!

vazor

Jan 28, 2022, 5:13:17 PM1/28/22
to Utah IGDA Members
Updated note: The class is covering this next week so ideally someone will be able to talk Tuesday or Thursday of next week.