IGDA San Francisco Micro Talk Event: Wednesday September 2nd, Speakers announced!

Alex Wilmer

Aug 26, 2015, 7:42:12 PM8/26/15
to igd...@googlegroups.com

Dear San Francisco IGDA Members,

We are thrilled to present the following speakers at our upcoming Microtalk Event taking place on Wednesday, September 2nd at 7pm. In no particular order, our speakers will be:

Name: Jen Helms

Bio/linked-in URL:
Jen is a co-founder of Playmation Studios. At Playmation Studios we are on a mission to get people to think and play in new ways. We have two game titles so far. Stagecraft is a puzzle game for learning foreign languages in an immersive sandbox style game. Our newest game, Sleep Furiously, is a word game in which players connect words from a jumbled grid in order to form grammatically correct sentences. Jen used to teach science education through real-world games and immersion in Yosemite National Park. https://www.linkedin.com/in/jenhelms

Talk title: Bridging the gap between game design and educational games

In this talk we’ll take a look at the educational games landscape and examine what makes an educational game great and where most educational games fall short. Next we'll talk about some key questions to ask while designing educational games and the similarities with all great game design.
____________________

Name: Rosstin Murphy

Bio/linked-in URL: rosstinmurphy.com

Talk title: Finish Your Game!

____________________

Name: Travlyn (Vaughn) Langendorff

Bio/linked-in URL: https://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=AAIAAAFMGNkBGBC4Nzzfy0quhx_A2UIfC_iqkuQ&trk=nav_responsive_tab_profile

Talk Title: When Worlds Collide: Incorporating "Hard Core" Mechanics into Casual Games

This talk is a brief overview of how mechanics from Hard Core and Casual Games are cross pollinating with each other. I will review the advantages and challenges of incorporating what are considered hard core mechanics into casual games.
____________________

Name: Stephen Sullivan

Bio/linked-in URL: Stephen Sullivan is Director of Product Management at Chartboost, the largest technology platform powering the business of mobile games, In his current role, he oversees new product development, business strategy, and go to market execution. He was previously an Executive Producer and Senior Product Manager at Zynga and founded his own indie gaming startup, Playnomi.  Stephen holds an MBA from MIT and a BS in Computer Science and Electrical Engineering from Seattle University. https://www.linkedin.com/in/stephenmsullivan

Talk title: Why ARPDAU is your most important ad publishing metric

Description: Many developers are thinking about their ad monetization strategy the wrong way. As someone that has run game studios and ad networks, I am going to cover the right way to maximize your studio's chance of success. It's not all about eCPM.  Its about maximizing revenue through a combination of fill rate, retention, and eCPM optimization. You can balance player experience with the right monetization strategy for success.

We are still looking for a couple more speakers so please submit a talks!

Location:
The Autodesk Gallery at One Market
1 Market St., 2nd floor,
San Francisco CA 94105