Ubuntu 10.10 64-bit Fresh Install + Updates Can Not Login......

google...@newfound.biz

Aug 15, 2011, 6:32:42 AM8/15/11
to iFolder-Ubuntu-Debian-Android-dev
Hello everyone!

I am really trying hard to get iFolder installed. I have a fresh
Ubuntu 10.10 install with all the updates working just fine. I
followed all (just the directions from this page) the directions at
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/iFolderInstall . The install took a
while but it seems to work. I can access https://example.com/admin
and /ifolder but I can not login at all. I just get a password or user
name not valid error on the login.aspx page. The user I am using is
the name of the administrator I was asked to enter when the configure
was done on simias-server (the same thing when "dpkg-reconfigure
simias-server" is run) as well as the password that I was asked to
enter.

I tried all the basic combinations of admin and administrator and
administration as well as the default password of novell and nothing
will let me in.

I am doing all I need to do to get this working? Do I need to install
and configure LDAP? Is there some other user name or password
combination out there I should try? Can I view the usernames and
passwords in the system by running some command, looking in some file,
or querying some database?

PS: I want to access it from ssl only so I have run the commands and
edited the config file for ssl as the url above directed.

Thanks!

Mario Fetka

Aug 15, 2011, 8:06:50 AM8/15/11
to ifolder-ubun...@googlegroups.com
have you created a non admin user ?
try this first

Mario Fetka

Aug 15, 2011, 8:15:26 AM8/15/11
to ifolder-ubun...@googlegroups.com
ifolder still has a bug, it requires <=gcc-4.3
i would suggest that you install the actual LTS version of ubuntu
server 10.04 Lucid
but if you still want to use 10.10
try my ppa repository that is slowly evolving (fixing bugs) it is
still untested
!!!! it could break your system, you have been warned!!!

https://launchpad.net/~mario-fetka/+archive/nofolder

thx
Mario

google...@newfound.biz

Aug 15, 2011, 3:21:34 PM8/15/11
to iFolder-Ubuntu-Debian-Android-dev
I have not been able to login to the administration website to even
create a user. Is that something I can do from the command line?

So are you saying that I should scrap ubuntu 10.10 and install it on
10.04?

On Aug 15, 7:15 am, Mario Fetka <mario.fe...@gmail.com> wrote:
> ifolder still has a bug, it requires <=gcc-4.3
> i would suggest that you install the actual LTS version of ubuntu
> server 10.04 Lucid
> but if you still want to use 10.10
> try my ppa repository that is slowly evolving (fixing bugs) it is
> still untested
> !!!! it could break your system, you have been warned!!!
>
> https://launchpad.net/~mario-fetka/+archive/nofolder
>
> thx
> Mario
>
> 2011/8/15 Mario Fetka <mario.fe...@gmail.com>:
>
> > have you created a non admin user ?
> > try this first
>
> > 2011/8/15 googlegro...@newfound.biz <googlegro...@newfound.biz>:
> >> Hello everyone!
>
> >> I am really trying hard to get iFolder installed. I have a fresh
> >> Ubuntu 10.10 install with all the updates working just fine. I
> >> followed all (just the directions from this page) the directions at
> >>https://help.ubuntu.com/community/iFolderInstall. The install took a
> >> while but it seems to work. I can accesshttps://example.com/admin

eded333

Aug 15, 2011, 5:32:53 PM8/15/11
to iFolder-Ubuntu-Debian-Android-dev
I cant talk about 64 bits, but i have succesfully installed ifolder on
ubuntu 10.04 and 10.10 32bits without much hassle. If you cant find a
solution by next week i wouldnt mind sharing my script when i get home.

google...@newfound.biz

Aug 15, 2011, 5:41:04 PM8/15/11
to iFolder-Ubuntu-Debian-Android-dev
Well the real goal would be to install it on the latest release of
ubuntu 11+ and on 64 bit. In the mean time I reinstalled with 10.04
with all the updates and then, using the directions in the link above,
I was able to get it working to the login point.

My next question is. Does anyone know how I can take the
https://www.example.com/ifolder and make it just https://www.example.com
?? I want to make that ifolder alias the root.

google...@newfound.biz

Aug 15, 2011, 6:15:16 PM8/15/11
to iFolder-Ubuntu-Debian-Android-dev
well it was working. When I was prompted to configure it i just went
with all the defaults. Once I was able to login I went back and did a
reconfigure and changed the password and server name and that stuff
and now it doesnt work. Is there any place I can download the stock
configuration files and look at them to compare what is different?

On Aug 15, 4:41 pm, "googlegro...@newfound.biz"
<googlegro...@newfound.biz> wrote:
> Well the real goal would be to install it on the latest release of
> ubuntu 11+ and on 64 bit. In the mean time I reinstalled with 10.04
> with all the updates and then, using the directions in the link above,
> I was able to get it working to the login point.
>
> My next question is. Does anyone know how I can take thehttps://www.example.com/ifolderand make it justhttps://www.example.com

csights

Aug 15, 2011, 10:03:02 PM8/15/11
to iFolder-Ubuntu-Debian-Android-dev
Hey eded333,
Does your script build from source by itself or does it build on
the compile from source here: https://help.ubuntu.com/community/iFolderInstall.

csights

Aug 15, 2011, 10:04:33 PM8/15/11
to iFolder-Ubuntu-Debian-Android-dev
Purging the package and then reinstalling should get you fresh
configuration files with just the defaults.

On Aug 15, 5:15 pm, "googlegro...@newfound.biz"
<googlegro...@newfound.biz> wrote:
> well it was working. When I was prompted to configure it i just went
> with all the defaults. Once I was able to login I went back and did a
> reconfigure and changed the password and server name and that stuff
> and now it doesnt work. Is there any place I can download the stock
> configuration files and look at them to compare what is different?
>
> On Aug 15, 4:41 pm, "googlegro...@newfound.biz"
>

> <googlegro...@newfound.biz> wrote:
> > Well the real goal would be to install it on the latest release of
> > ubuntu 11+ and on 64 bit. In the mean time I reinstalled with 10.04
> > with all the updates and then, using the directions in the link above,
> > I was able to get it working to the login point.
>
> > My next question is. Does anyone know how I can take thehttps://www.example.com/ifolderandmake it justhttps://www.example.com

csights

Aug 15, 2011, 10:05:54 PM8/15/11
to iFolder-Ubuntu-Debian-Android-dev
Hi Mario, Are you sure gcc-4.4 does not work?

On Aug 15, 7:15 am, Mario Fetka <mario.fe...@gmail.com> wrote:
> ifolder still has a bug, it requires <=gcc-4.3
> i would suggest that you install the actual LTS version of ubuntu
> server 10.04 Lucid
> but if you still want to use 10.10
> try my ppa repository that is slowly evolving (fixing bugs) it is
> still untested
> !!!! it could break your system, you have been warned!!!
>
> https://launchpad.net/~mario-fetka/+archive/nofolder
>
> thx
> Mario
>
> 2011/8/15 Mario Fetka <mario.fe...@gmail.com>:
>

> > have you created a non admin user ?
> > try this first
>
> > 2011/8/15 googlegro...@newfound.biz <googlegro...@newfound.biz>:
> >> Hello everyone!
>
> >> I am really trying hard to get iFolder installed. I have a fresh
> >> Ubuntu 10.10 install with all the updates working just fine. I
> >> followed all (just the directions from this page) the directions at
> >>https://help.ubuntu.com/community/iFolderInstall. The install took a
> >> while but it seems to work. I can accesshttps://example.com/admin

Mario Fetka

Aug 15, 2011, 10:17:29 PM8/15/11
to ifolder-ubun...@googlegroups.com
yes thats because when you look at the suse buildserver you will see
that the ifolder builds depends on gcc-4.3
i also got it runnuning im gcc-4.4 but when upstream decides to only
use gcc-4.3 stick with this version

csights

Aug 15, 2011, 10:21:48 PM8/15/11
to iFolder-Ubuntu-Debian-Android-dev
> but when upstream decides to only
> use gcc-4.3 stick with this version

probably wise!

Mario Fetka

Aug 15, 2011, 10:41:17 PM8/15/11
to ifolder-ubun...@googlegroups.com
but from natty on its a problem gcc-4.3 hase been droped

google...@newfound.biz

Aug 16, 2011, 12:02:02 AM8/16/11
to iFolder-Ubuntu-Debian-Android-dev
I followed the directions in the link you posted to a T. I first tried
to install it on 10.10 and that didn't work so I tried 10.04 and that
worked..... with the defaults selected when the configuration prompt
came up. When I executed "sudo dpkg-reconfigure simias-server" and
changed the password and the name of the server it stopped working.
And by stopped working I mean I no longer can log in. There was one
interesting thing I found in the simias log. I will post it in a
couple of minutes.

google...@newfound.biz

Aug 16, 2011, 12:02:48 AM8/16/11
to iFolder-Ubuntu-Debian-Android-dev
How do I do this? I am a little rusty...

On Aug 15, 9:04 pm, csights <csig...@fastmail.fm> wrote:
> Purging the package and then reinstalling should get you fresh
> configuration files with just the defaults.
>
> On Aug 15, 5:15 pm, "googlegro...@newfound.biz"
>
> <googlegro...@newfound.biz> wrote:
> > well it was working. When I was prompted to configure it i just went
> > with all the defaults. Once I was able to login I went back and did a
> > reconfigure and changed the password and server name and that stuff
> > and now it doesnt work. Is there any place I can download the stock
> > configuration files and look at them to compare what is different?
>
> > On Aug 15, 4:41 pm, "googlegro...@newfound.biz"
>
> > <googlegro...@newfound.biz> wrote:
> > > Well the real goal would be to install it on the latest release of
> > > ubuntu 11+ and on 64 bit. In the mean time I reinstalled with 10.04
> > > with all the updates and then, using the directions in the link above,
> > > I was able to get it working to the login point.
>
> > > My next question is. Does anyone know how I can take thehttps://www.example.com/ifolderandmakeit justhttps://www.example.com

google...@newfound.biz

Aug 16, 2011, 12:27:03 AM8/16/11
to iFolder-Ubuntu-Debian-Android-dev
This is the log entries that I noticed and thought looked a little
weird.

2011-08-15 23:39:46,470 [Simias Manager Start] INFO
Simias.Service.Manager - "Simias Server" service started.
2011-08-15 23:39:46,472 [Simias Manager Start] DEBUG
Simias.Server.ReportService - Started reporting service.
2011-08-15 23:39:46,472 [Simias Manager Start] INFO
Simias.Service.Manager - "Simias Report" service started.
2011-08-15 23:39:46,475 [Simias Manager Start] INFO
Simias.Service.Manager - Services started.
2011-08-15 23:39:46,864 [208938752] DEBUG
Simias.Security.Web.AuthenticationModule - In
verify[rincipalfromrequest: soapmethod is GetAuthenticatedUser
2011-08-15 23:39:46,867 [208938752] DEBUG Simias.DomainProvider -
domainID e5036636-37a5-465e-882c-d79a1b14d3b3
2011-08-15 23:39:46,867 [208938752] DEBUG Simias.Server.Authentication
- OwnsDomain called
2011-08-15 23:39:46,867 [208938752] DEBUG Simias.Server.Authentication
- with domain: e5036636-37a5-465e-882c-d79a1b14d3b3
2011-08-15 23:39:46,868 [208938752] DEBUG Simias.Server.Authentication
- returning true
2011-08-15 23:39:46,869 [208938752] DEBUG Simias.Server.Authentication
- Authenticate called
===> 2011-08-15 23:39:46,876 [208938752] INFO
Simias.Server.Authentication - Authenticated User iS :
75d881f6-463c-48f5-91e8-535aedef3f4b:admin Success
===> 2011-08-15 23:39:46,877 [208938752] ERROR
Simias.Server.Authentication - Object reference not set to an instance
of an objectThe message should be catch properly
===> 2011-08-15 23:39:46,877 [208938752] ERROR
Simias.Server.Authentication - at
Simias.Server.Authentication.Authenticate (Simias.Storage.Domain
Domain, System.Web.HttpContext HttpCtx) [0x00000] in <filename
unknown>:0
===> 2011-08-15 23:39:56,142 [36464384] DEBUG
Simias.IdentitySync.Service - No registered identity sync providers -
disabling sync service

On Aug 15, 11:02 pm, "googlegro...@newfound.biz"
<googlegro...@newfound.biz> wrote:
> How do I do this? I am a little rusty...
>
> On Aug 15, 9:04 pm, csights <csig...@fastmail.fm> wrote:
>
> > Purging the package and then reinstalling should get you fresh
> > configuration files with just the defaults.
>
> > On Aug 15, 5:15 pm, "googlegro...@newfound.biz"
>
> > <googlegro...@newfound.biz> wrote:
> > > well it was working. When I was prompted to configure it i just went
> > > with all the defaults. Once I was able to login I went back and did a
> > > reconfigure and changed the password and server name and that stuff
> > > and now it doesnt work. Is there any place I can download the stock
> > > configuration files and look at them to compare what is different?

eded333

Aug 16, 2011, 7:10:55 AM8/16/11
to iFolder-Ubuntu-Debian-Android-dev
Actually my script dosnt build anything, it uses alien to translate
the debian package to ubuntu.

If I dont remember wrong, the script I use goes something like this
(I'm not home at the moment, and wont be till next week):

sudo /etc/init.d/apache2 stop

sudo aptitude install -y apache2 alien

sudo /etc/init.d/apache2 stop

sudo aptitude install -y build-essential automake autoconf mono-
complete liblog4net1.2-cil uuid-dev libxml2-dev gsoap libapache2-mod-
mono libncurses-dev libtool g++-4.3 gcc-4.3 mono-apache-server mono-
apache-server2

// use only if necessary: sudo dpkg --configure -a//

sudo rm /var/www/index.html

sudo a2enmod ssl

sudo a2ensite default-ssl

sudo /etc/init.d/apache2 restart

wget http://downloads.sourceforge.net/project/ifolder/iFolder%20Server/3.8.0.3/11.1/ifolder3-enterprise-3.8.0.10191.1-5.1.i586.rpm

wget
http://downloads.sourceforge.net/project/ifolder/iFolder%20Server%20Plugins/3.8.0.3/11.1/novell-ifolder-enterprise-plugins-3.8.0.10191.1-3.2.i586.rpm

wget http://download.opensuse.org/distribution/11.3/repo/oss/suse/noarch/log4net-1.2.10-58.1.noarch.rpm

sudo alien --scripts *.rpm

sudo aptitude remove -y liblog4net1.2-cil

sudo dpkg -i *.deb

sudo /etc/init.d/apache2 restart

This should be the automatic process, then to make this work
correctly:

sudo /usr/bin/simias-server-setup ///fill it up correctly or you wont
be able to change it later, you will have to purge delete and
reinstall///

sudo sed -i 's/apache2\/mod_mono.conf/apache2\/mods-enabled\/
mod_mono.conf/g' /etc/apache2/conf.d/simias.conf

sudo ln -s /usr/bin/gmcs2 /usr/bin/gmcs

sudo mkdir -p /var/www/.config/.mono/

sudo chown -R www-data:www-data /var/www/.config/

sudo /etc/init.d/apache2 restart

sudo /usr/bin/ifolder-admin-setup ///fill it up correctly or you wont
be able to change it later, you will have to purge delete and
reinstall, dont forget your, you wont be able to change it, sometimes
writing the password on ubuntu 10.10 blanck spaces appear when
writting the first keystroke, be carefull and delete them///

sudo /usr/bin/ifolder-web-setup

sudo sed -i 's/apache2\/mod_mono.conf/apache2\/mods-enabled\/
mod_mono.conf/g' /etc/apache2/conf.d/ifolder_admin.conf

sudo sed -i 's/apache2\/mod_mono.conf/apache2\/mods-enabled\/
mod_mono.conf/g' /etc/apache2/conf.d/ifolder_web.conf

sudo a2enmod rewrite

sudo /etc/init.d/apache2 restart

sudo reboot

I've been able to install and configure correctly various ubuntu 10.04
and 10.10 32 bit systems with this script, I havent tride for 64 bits
nor ubuntu 11.
This script is what I can remember of the one I made for myself, when
I get home I'll post it correctly, this should be just a draft, but
may work.

If someone uses this you will install apache2-mpm-worker if you want
to also use php I have a workarround for it too.
Or dont install it and use prefork.

eded333

Aug 16, 2011, 7:13:19 AM8/16/11
to iFolder-Ubuntu-Debian-Android-dev
Ups delete this: sudo rm /var/www/index.html
6 line on the script
dont know how that got there, :p