omapd: Open source IF-MAP 1.1 Server

mattes@boeing

Jan 27, 2010, 11:56:10 AM1/27/10
to ifmapdev
I want to announce the release of an open source IF-MAP 1.1 Server,
called omapd! The project is hosted on Google Project Hosting here:
http://code.google.com/p/omapd/

Please feel free to spread the word about omapd, and encourage users
and contributors. While omapd is quite close to feature-complete with
respect to the IF-MAP 1.1 specification, much remains to be done to
make it more useful. My hope is that ongoing development of omapd
occurs in such a way that it becomes a certified-compliant reference
implementation of IF-MAP specifications, current and future.

Andrew Benton

Jan 27, 2010, 12:34:29 PM1/27/10
to ifma...@googlegroups.com
that's great news! i'll certainly be lending a hand to development,
and i'll add a link and description to the ifmapdev.com map server
projects page. to my knowledge this is the first open-source map
server!

i'm about to open source a little map 1.1 client i've been working on
in ruby which i'll post about very soon.