Area sabha quick meeting 19/1/09

krish

Jan 19, 2009, 10:48:00 AM1/19/09
to karmayog...@yahoogroups.com, karmayog. org, ifixc...@googlegroups.com, Raj Cherubal, Raj Varadarajan
HI all

Bala,krishna, arun,shilika(MOP vishnav) had a brisk meeting on area saba today.

  • Bala gave a presentation on Area sabha and various initiatives currently going on in ward 155.Then a discussion started on what we can do now.
  • Bala said he badly wanted help in WARD 155, said that we all should focus and get that done, getting 3 different communities lower class, middle class and upper middle class and above, has been difficult and that itself is great challenge.
  • Krishna argued, saying his focus is the entire city and will spread it to all the 155 wards...and that all experiments have already been done in Bangalore and we don't need to do an experiment in chennai. Work left is to spread it across chennai and form citizen groups in each area and give training to all these groups. He also said that we can parallely work on all the wards.. to initiative action as we have
  • lets us first spread Area sabha concept first, through word of mouth, college gatherings, and then even use the Media effectively to spread awareness about the concept. he asked arun and shilika to start group in their college to discuss and come up with more ideas on what can be done in a area sabha.
  • krishna is going to campain in orkut and facebook to get all interested online people of chennai into the network, he also said that he would urge everyone to increase awareness.. with use of the information available at http://www.janaagraha.org/
  • Shilika said she will start talking to her friends and college mates and try to bring in more participation, she also said she would like to volunteer and initiate activities in one ward, preferable 155,
  • Arun wanted to discuss what we can do in that one ward, but time not permitting we said we will meet another day.
--
krishna kumar kj
Hamara Media

"How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young, compassionate
with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of the weak and strong.
Because someday in life you will have been all of these." - George Washington Carver

Arun Ganesh

Jan 19, 2009, 12:17:28 PM1/19/09
to ifixc...@googlegroups.com
Let me add some background information about this:
This was a meet that took place in the chennai Janaagraha office (the
same people working on the awesome http://chennai.cityconnect.in/
project) to discuss about their area sabha initiative which is
basically a local area citizen group
http://www.karmayog.org/ngocouncil/ngocouncil_1864.htm

Bala from janaagraha was trying to get some ideas on how it could be
implemented in one particular ward in the city (ward 155-
thiruvanmiyur). the aim is to form a representative council at an area
level to enable more effective governance. this has been tested in a
part of bangalore and the changes it has brought about are impressive.
i'll try to get a hold of the ppt and share it.

-arun ganesh
--
http://www.tinyurl.com/ArunGanesh

Shillika Chandra Sekhar

Jan 21, 2009, 3:52:13 AM1/21/09
to ifixc...@googlegroups.com
For the Area Sabha Project which is to be carried out in Ward 155, it would be nice to know how many of us belong to the ward and come forward to volunteer services to Janaagraha. There will be a meeting probably at the end of this month where we will be briefed about the project itself.

Cheers
--
Shillika