Chennai Ward level info RTI

krish

Dec 15, 2008, 6:49:54 AM12/15/08
to I Fix: Chennai Chapter, Madhav, Raj Cherubal, Prasanna, Sathya Narayanan, Raj Varadarajan, karmayog, Shivakumar Narayanan, Banuchandar: Been There; Done That!
Hi all

I was trying to find Ward level info on who is who in chennai to form
a citizen's network, these links are something i found.

http://bitterscotch.files.wordpress.com/2008/10/chennai-city-division-map1.png
- i don't what it took get this done but hats off to who ever did this
map(i guesslooks like he used Google maps and a map from website some
adobe on top of it and made it look cool)

These both have some Divisional info

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Chennai_Corporation_wards
http://www.chennaicorporation.gov.in/zone/zoneAddress.htm

But i couldn't get details of who is ward chairman, ward council
members and their profiles/BIO's and who is zone responsible person
etc. I have registered a suggestion and complaint asking these details
to be posted on the corporation website to provide for the same.
Anyways i am planning to do RTI to get that info and post it on
public domain for Greater Chennai(Chennai + Tambaram,
Ambathur,Thiruvotriyur, Alandur Municipalities) using RTI

Certainly i don't want to re invent the wheel, Hence just sounding off
to see if someone has already got this info or if it is there in some
remote pdf file on the web.

cheers
-kk

kannan infratech

Dec 16, 2008, 12:42:34 AM12/16/08
to ifixc...@googlegroups.com
The commendable work on wardwise maps has been done by our own member Planemad who has his blog Bitterscotch.

Arun! pitch in.

Kannan

--
R. Kannan
Managing Director

jagannath radhakrishnan

Dec 18, 2008, 12:42:23 AM12/18/08
to ifixc...@googlegroups.com
I have to give it to Mr.Krish(guess i got the details correct) you have done a remarkable work on the list of MLAs and such things. Hats off Sire.
Jagn