Can You Draw And Inject With The Same Needle - Draw And Inject With Same Or Different Needle? - MESO-Rx Forum

zist...@gmail.com

Dec 7, 2023, 12:46:10 PM12/7/23
to ifb...@googlegroups.com

Can you draw up and inject with the same needle? While it is not recommended to use the same needle and syringe to enter more than one medication vial because of the risks described above, there are circumstances where more than one vial may need to be entered with the same syringe and needle (e. g. , when reconstituting medications or vaccines).

🩸🩸🩸 CLICK HERE TO SHOP ONLINE 🩸🩸🩸

Preparing Vaccines for Administration | CDC

Medication Administration Questions. 1. Is it acceptable to use the same syringe to give an injection to more than one patient if I change the needle between patients? No. Once they are used, the syringe and needle are both contaminated and must be discarded. Use a new sterile syringe and needle for each patient. 2.

Medication Administration Questions | Injection Safety | CDC

The packaging will have a number, then a "G," and then another number. The first number in front of the letter G indicates the gauge of the needle. The higher the number, the thinner the needle. The second number indicates the length of the needle in inches. Here's an example: A 22 G 1/2 needle has a gauge of 22 and a length of half an inch.

Injecting with the same needle used to draw from?

Yes. 29 or 30G. No problem, just need a bit of patience. I do draw and inject with same needle. I use a 25 gauge- 1 inch for my glutes. If you prefer to inject in smaller areas, like the shoulder, you can probably get smaller needle. I go 22 gauge draw and inject, never had issues.

Draw/Inject with Same Needle? Saving What's Lost in the Needle?

Never saw any reason to use separate needles for drawing and injecting. And, since most of us are using the 10 ml vials, which can last for almost a year, the thinner gauge needle allows for less wear & tear on the vial stopper. . For example, I'm a pharmacist, and I draw and give the covid vaccine with the same 23g needle. Reply

Best practices for injection - WHO Best Practices for Injections and .

The safest practice is to always enter a medication vial with a sterile needle and sterile syringe. There has been at least one outbreak attributed to healthcare personnel using a common needle and syringe to access multiple multi-dose vials for the purpose of combining their contents into a single syringe []. If one vial becomes contaminated, this practice can spread contamination to the .

Do you use a different needle for drawing/injecting? : r/FTMMen - Reddit

Apr 20, 2011. #20. From a medical standpoint you should clean the stopper each time with alcohol. this eliminates some potential contaminates. Changing the needle would be preferred but not completely necessary as long as you clean injection site also, we do it all the time and it doesnt dull it. The only time to really switch needles is if you .

Can I use the same needle to draw and inject? The needles the . - Reddit

Using the same needle draw up the liquid, and then inject is a terrible practice. Not only will the needle be dulled (the fluid coating the needle allowing for smoother insertion will be removed) but you run the risk of creating rubber shrapnel within the vial (which is why the needle used for drawing up is blunt) reply.

How to Choose a Syringe and Needle for an Injection - Verywell Health

Yes, i use non detachable insulin syringes so i draw and inject with the same needle. (28g) it just makes drawing slower. the thinner needle may make it more difficult to draw the required dose from the vial, you may want to run the vial under warm water to make it more viscous.

Can I draw and inject with the same needle? : r/TransDIY - Reddit

Grab yourself a 5 or 10 cc syringe and a 50cc sterile vial. Place 1 18g needle in the stopper of the 50cc with no barrel attachment, that's your vent. Then draw up your various compounds to meet the dosage your look for and fill up the 50ml. Now you can just draw and inject from there.

Can you draw and inject with a 25 gauge syringe?

However it is safe for us to use a sterile needle to draw and then use the same needle to inject. Once the needle point touches anything else it can't go back in the vial. You should wipe the vial top with alcohol before drawing. You should also make sure your skin is clean and wipe the injection location with a different alcohol wipe.

Medication Preparation Questions | Injection Safety | CDC

Published Oct 13, 2009. by Otessa, BSN, RN. I have a question about changing needles for injections. Drawing up with one needle and then changing the needle prior to injection (IM). There are new needle-syringe combos (Vanishpoint for example) where youdraw up and give with the same needle. Is there any reason that you would change the needle .

Draw and inject with same needle? : r/Testosterone - Reddit

when you puncture the stopper to draw, it blunts the needle. If you were to inject with the same needle, it's just not as sharp so it might be a bit more painful going in and/or might damage the tissue. I imagine it's pretty marginal though. In any case, for efficiency/least pain, it's best to use two needles.

Should I swap needles when drawing and injecting Testosterone?

Health care personnel should complete proper hand hygiene before preparing vaccines. Use a separate needle and syringe for each injection. Always check the expiration dates on the vaccine and diluent, if needed. Some syringes and needles have expiration dates, so check those, too. NEVER use expired vaccine, diluent, or equipment.

Changing needles for injections. - General Nursing Support - allnurses

The oil is thicker and can be difficult to draw up with a smaller (larger gauge) needle. The 18 gauge is ideal and pretty much standard. Piercing the top of the vial dulls the needle, so drawing up and injecting with the same needle may hurt more. Switching to a new needle helps keep the process as painless as possible.

How to Self-Inject Testosterone - Hormone Injection Instructions

Using the same needle to draw and inject can only be comfortably done as you stated if using a 25g or smaller needle. Anything larger, even a 23g, will be noticeably duller. The image below has circulated for years and I am not sure if the needle presented was injected into tissue or a rubber stopper, but I would think both would be similar (if .

Does anyone draw and inject with same needle? : r/Testosterone - Reddit

A separate needle and syringe should be used for each injection. Changing needles between drawing vaccine from a vial and injecting it into a recipient is not necessary unless the . Multiple use jet injectors using the same nozzle for consecutive injections without intervening sterilization were used in mass vaccination campaigns from .

Can you draw up and inject with the same needle?

I draw and inject with the same 27g needle. Drawing is harder than with a 23g needle but it probably only takes an extra 10 seconds, would take just about as long to swap needles of any size. Just be patient. If the draw needle is 23g don't pin with it, it's a harpoon.

ACIP Vaccine Administration Guidelines for Immunization | CDC

Ensure that the tip of the needle is fully covered by the liquid within the vial. Steadily pull the plunger out, drawing the medicine into the syringe. Make sure you're not drawing in air bubbles, which can throw off the measuring of your dose. Pull the plunger back until it matches the line of your prescribed dose.

Forum: using the same needle to draw and inject? ~bigbob, 2018 - eroid s

Just did my first injection. Drew from the bottle with 18g 1"and shot with a 22g 1. 5" is a little loss normal. Seemed like a small drip ran down the 18 after withdrawing it from the bottle. Rubber was wet and switching needles seemed to leave some in the male piece that goes into the needle. Next time i think i want to just draw and inject with the same needle. I bought some expensive triple .

Why can't you draw and inject with the same needle?

Anyways, what's about $10 for a box of $100 unless you're pinning like 5-10 times a day. Just remember, it's a lot cheaper to purchase more needles than to pay a medical bill for an infection. I may not be as worried about an infection from using the same needle to draw/pin, but saving the syringe/needle for a later time after using is risky .

Drawing & injecting with the same needle? : r/ftm - Reddit

This chapter assimilates the best practices for delivering injections in health-care and related facilities. It is based on a range of evidence and expands the scope of the WHO publication Best infection control practices for intradermal, subcutaneous, and intramuscular needle injection (7). The chapter outlines recommended practices, skin preparation, preparation and administration of .