Having trouble using PyQt4

ml...@simpartners.com

Oct 29, 2015, 10:56:42 AM10/29/15
to Interactive Editor for Python
I can import PyQt4 at command line version python, but can't import it in iep.  I've looked through iep.config is the logger and just can't figure it out.  Anybody have any suggestions where to look?  It really seems like iep is just pointing to the wrong place for PyQt.

I'm using Python 2.7 on Mac OS (10.11.1, El Capitan) and installed PyQt with "brew install pyqt"

Ludo Visser

Oct 30, 2015, 4:10:31 AM10/30/15
to ie...@googlegroups.com

I'm not experienced with brew, but when using MacPorts to install PyQt, I have to use the python executable from MacPorts (in /opt/local; I don't know where brew installs) to use PyQt. Using the default executable results in an import error.
Check the executable in the shell configuration and make sure it's the same one you use on the command line.

Ludo

Op 29 okt. 2015 15:56 schreef <ml...@simpartners.com>:
I can import PyQt4 at command line version python, but can't import it in iep.  I've looked through iep.config is the logger and just can't figure it out.  Anybody have any suggestions where to look?  It really seems like iep is just pointing to the wrong place for PyQt.

I'm using Python 2.7 on Mac OS (10.11.1, El Capitan) and installed PyQt with "brew install pyqt"

CONFIDENTIAL TRANSMISSION NOTICE: This message and any attachment(s) are intended for the use of the individual or entity to which they are addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient or the employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by reply or by telephone at 800-260-3380 and immediately delete this message and all its attachments. DO NOT COPY, FORWARD, OR OTHERWISE DISSEMINATE THIS TRANSMISSION NOTICE.

ml...@simpartners.com

Oct 30, 2015, 10:16:09 AM10/30/15
to Interactive Editor for Python, ml...@simpartners.com
Ludo,

Yes, that was it.  Using the non-default Python, I can successfully import PyQt4 (and nltk too).  Thanks for your help.

-Mike